• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Portfolio - Art 2D Artist Looking For Collaborator/Mentor

Z

ZNewts

Greetings! I'm not looking for paid work, but rather someone who can offer me tutoring in Game Maker in exchange for my services. I'm an aspiring dev but currently very inexperienced having having difficulty getting past the learning curve.

I'm a 2D artist/animator who works primarily in Adobe Flash and Photoshop. I'm looking to work on a small collaborative project with someone. I am capable of making both pixel art or high def graphics.

my twitter: @PowWhale
instagram: power_whale
and here is a demo reel from my senior year of college

I graduated in 2012 with my BFA in animation. <EDIT: don't visit the link at the end, it's a dead website>

If you're interested in working with me, please PM me and we can exchange emails.
I'm a beginner at GML and struggling at the moment. Perhaps we can strike a deal/partner up on some small projects. I would love to hear your game ideas and I can't wait to share you mine. I'm currently trying to make a simple competitive top-down shooter but I am very open to working with you on your game as well! We can use Google hangouts and keep close communication when working together on a project.

My goal is to eventually be familiar with the program and functions well enough that I can game jam, or sit down and whip up a quick fun little demo of something in 30 minutes. Maybe get me pointed in the right direction for a more ambitious project I dream of making someday.

Here are a few more samples of my work.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Kululu17

Hello, PM if interested, but I have sort of the opposite problem. I am not bad with GML, but struggle with art. I have (mostly) made the switch to vector based, but it still needs a lot of work. I prefer more adventure/puzzle type games. Look at my website for some of my projects. I am looking to collaborate not specifically on a project, but to get and give advice in a bit more depth than is usually possible of the main forum.

http://indiegamedev.davidhwillison.com/