• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Portfolio - Art 2D Artist available for Work / Collab

G

grindmouse

Hey all,

I am a versatile 2D artist in my spare time who working in a variety of art styles, but primarily cartoon and pixel art. I have some experience animating pixel art.

I worked on the games 'Spiders in the Bath' and 'Crazy Seahorses' which should both be available to check out on the Google Play store. For both these projects I was the artist and co-designer, marketing etc. so it was pretty intense. I'd be happy to take a role just concentrating on artwork.

The asset work I did on Crazy Seahorses can be found below:
https://www.behance.net/gallery/37268139/App-Game-Sprites-Crazy-Seahorses-Pt1
https://www.behance.net/gallery/37287699/App-Game-Backgrounds-Crazy-Seahorses-Pt2
https://www.behance.net/gallery/37288395/App-Game-Promotion-Crazy-Seahorses-Pt3

Screenshots:

Pixel art:

I am looking to build a portfolio producing art assets for games, partly because it's something I really enjoy, but I would also appreciate some payment for my work. I don't have an hourly rate, but depending on the project and requirements I'd be happy to negotiate a very fair deal with any indie devs out there on a checkpoint, or 'per asset' basis.

Please PM me with any questions or collab suggestions.

Cheers,
Stu

G

Guest User

I like your pixel art. I might be later interested. I could even consider paying something for you. Do you think you could do for example, all the graphics for a small rpg game?

R

RykerBlade

Thanks for sharing your work! I'm fascinated by the pixel art. Do you have more examples? If not, it's cool. I'm looking to bring a pixel artist onto our team. We're making a rogue-like RPG set in pre-dystopian space. We've got the programming experience, but lacking in original art. We currently are just using placeholder graphics and colored squares instead of spaceships :rolleyes:

If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, let me know! You make cool art and you should definitely get paid for it. Let me know if you wanna talk details!

Regards,
RykerBlade

G

grindmouse

I had three offers following this post, but none have worked out so still I am available.

PLEASE NOTE: I am looking to work on an actual, serious indie game with an experienced team. Pay is negotiable.

I am not looking to get paid peanuts to sign an NDA and all rights to my artwork/characters. Threats of legal action are far too intense and high maintenance at this level.
I am not looking for a share of eventual profits (may be negotiable).
I am not looking to work on knock-off clones of existing IP's you don't have the rights to.
I am not looking to work for free, unless the project is right.

Thanks.