20% discount offer?

L

Lorddoug

I got email recently saying my unlimited free trial is now 30 days but I can get 20% discount. If I click on link I get a button that says "licence recovery" but doesn't do anything...Yes I am logged in.
If I go to buy Creator licence for $39 I get nothing about a discount but I get button for pay by card, which does not do anything at all, or pay by PayPal , which I don't want to do.
If I go to help or support I get list of completely unrelated issues and no way to leave a message or a ticket .
If I go to forum I find that others have had my problem but the moderator says it's fixed.
I must say these website issues are making me not want to spend money on this software. Even before this fiasco I have had issues with the gamemaker website.
Please tell me how i can get the 20% discount and how i can make this buggy website for me.

L

Lorddoug

I read the the other threads on this subject and they did not work for me. I solved my own problem by clicking on email link on my phone and finding the discount offer and purchasing on that devise.
On my PC with Windows 10 the Gamemaker Studio website is very buggy. Maybe it will only run properly on Google Chrome? Is that possible? I don't typically use Chrome.
I payed my money so feel like I have a right to gripe. People on forum say leave a ticket on GMS website...I haven't figured out how to do that? I just see a bunch of unrelated unhelpful articles and no opportunity to leave a message. On my PC when I selected "pay by card" it did not work . You think somebody at GMS would want to know and want to fix that??? I am a little irked if you can't tell.

I'm sure they would want to know. If I may point out the majority of us (members) here are fellow customers of YoYo Games, not their employees, the most we can do is share our past experience in term of experience with coding and in term of using the IDE. The issue you are facing is not something we can help fix. It has to be assisted by YoYo staff which doesn't come here very often, except when they make announcement e.g. regarding new beta IDE, new stable release, discount, etc. Hence why it's advisable to contact them for cases that can only be fix with their assistance. And to your last question, I'm using Chrome. Here's the direct link to their support page : https://accounts.yoyogames.com/contact-us#select.
As for your last remark, I understand how you feel, but again the above issue isn't something anyone on the forum can fix, hence why we suggest making a report. :)

L

Lorddoug

SS, thanxs for your help...The direct contact to Yoyo link is very helpful. The trend for websites these days is no direct contact with customers. Steam is the same way. Don't let the Barbarians past the gate. Anyway I have noticed the community for GMS is outstanding so that is one of the reasons I went thru with the transaction despite my website frustrations. Thx Again!