• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX 2 months away from GMS2 and the whole world changed!

knightshaft

So, during lockdown I was flying along with my game, got a working demo (99% complete) to steam. I had a 2011 MacBook Pro running High Sierra as my main computer but had to use a MacMini running Catalina to compile in Xcode. Then I put it back on the MacBook Pro. Everything worked, I was a happy bunny.

I bought a new(ish) MacBook Pro Early July but days later my regular business reopened I had no time for the game until last week, and find that not only do I have a new mac to deal with, but also new versions of GSM2 and Xcode. Absolute NIGHTMARE!

I seem to have all that sorted but I think the biggest problem I now have actually happened a year ago but running 2 Macs bypassed it. Before last week, I did everything with High Sierra unless I absolutely had to use Catalina. Now, when I try to run my game I get 'GameName will damage your computer. You should move it to the Bin'. Googling tells me this is caused by Catalina and I now have to pay Apple for a developer license.

Is that really so?

knightshaft

Thanks, that might work for me but it's not realistic to expect every user to do it when they've been told its malware.

I took the jump and paid for Apple development. Game noterized successfully but still gives the 'Malware' message.