• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

2.3 Sprites Not Drawing

Whenever I run my game none of the sprites or text draws, at first I thought the camera wasn't in the current room, so I used camera_get_view() and show_debug_message() to check, and it told me the camera was in the middle of the room.
I tried adding draw_self() to my player object, but still no dice, I've used camera_create(), enabled viewports, but still nothing seems help the problem.
If they've added extra steps to get things to draw in 2.3+, please let me know!

Roldy

First make sure your layers are turned on and in the correct order.

Then possibly put break points in the draw event to see that they are getting hit.

beanflip

After the upgrade everything was invisible in-game for me too. I found that once I opened up each sprite they became visible.

Do you have views enabled or disabled? Perhaps you could upload your game maker file (or a stripped-down version of it) somewhere it can be analyzed.

Itaisinger

After the upgrade everything was invisible in-game for me too. I found that once I opened up each sprite they became visible.
what do you mean by opening? i tried opeing the sprite window, the image editor and the actual png file in windows and didnt work.

TheMagician

Are you using Avast Antivirus? We solved the problem by allowing local file access for GameMaker in the Avast settings.