OFFICIAL 2.3.3 Beta Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
I have not even changed anything on argument_count and we have explicit tests for all this, I will investigate what is going on there.

@gnysek - it is just easier with our deployment scripts to do all at once (plus IDE update forces use of the new runtime)

Russell

Last edited:

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
OK I have now fixed that issue and I will prepare a new release tonight - @FrostyCat have you filed a ticket for that issue? if so what is the ticket number?

just an FYI on what the bug was an implicit argument parameter had been added and unfortunately I had forgotten to remove it when counting the number of arguments in the compiler - so the game thought that all functions had an extra argument.... the only mystery is why my test runs last night did not find it at all, as they were failing tonight.... the mystery deepens - anyway currently running all the tests against this version and then I will start a build again.

Russell

Last edited:

8BitWarrior

.... the only mystery is why my test runs last night did not find it at all, as they were failing tonight.... the mystery deepens
I could go for some mysterious coding stories told around the fire. šŸ”„
Thanks, Russell, for the incoming fix!

Last edited:

Zhanghua

Sorry, but Beta 6 has a new bug that is completely detrimental to anything using argument_count. Case in point:
GML:
function argumentCount() {
    return argument_count;
}
show_message_async(argumentCount()); //Shows 1???
This is a deal-breaker for at least 3 of my libraries. There is no way I would let this build out into stable, when something this basic isn't working.

Update: The ticket number is 185262.
You are the black racer.

This's a bug influence me too....
I was so innocent

gnysek

You can also turn on the extended syntax help in Preferences and add your argument defaults into your JSDoc info for the function
Where I can turn that extended syntax? I can't find it either under "Scripts" nor under "Languages / GML".

Status
Not open for further replies.