• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

(2.3.1) Previewing a Sequence in the Sequence Editor with more that one audio track causes project to freeze

seetau

Curious if anyone else is running to this problem

Sequences run just fine when I compile and run a game, but previewing a sequence with more than one track causes the software to freeze up

Example below here is a sequence of audio clips (uncompressed) on a brand new project. The moment the sequence hits frame 50 (the second audio plays), the project locks up but the sound continues to play in a loop.

Not sure if this is a hiccup with the new version. Thoughts?

seq.PNG

(EDIT) This mainly happens only for audio or sound. Sprites and other assets work just fine

Pixel-Team

Master of Pixel-Fu
I had this problem too, except I was using only one audio source. When I played the sequence with in the Sequencer, it played my audio in an endless loop and locked up the Editor. This was a repeatable crash, and there was NO way around it. Fortunately, the sequence played just fine when the game is played, and I published my game (Dung Beetle) for the GMCJam39, but I hope they can sort this out, because it makes lip synching characters with audio very difficult without being able to either play the sequence back while animating body parts like mouths and stuff, or see the waveform on the timeline.

*EDIT* I seem to remember it working without a hitch in the Beta, but I went back to the Stable release when I worked on my game jam game, just so I wouldn't run into any problems.

seetau

I had this problem too, except I was using only one audio source. When I played the sequence with in the Sequencer, it played my audio in an endless loop and locked up the Editor. This was a repeatable crash, and there was NO way around it. Fortunately, the sequence played just fine when the game is played, and I published my game (Dung Beetle) for the GMCJam39, but I hope they can sort this out, because it makes lip synching characters with audio very difficult without being able to either play the sequence back while animating body parts like mouths and stuff, or see the waveform on the timeline.

*EDIT* I seem to remember it working without a hitch in the Beta, but I went back to the Stable release when I worked on my game jam game, just so I wouldn't run into any problems.
Good to know I'm not the only one. I already sent a report on this

Toque

Good to know I'm not the only one. I already sent a report on this
Im getting this as well. It just repeats the sound and freezes up. I have to force close. Changed sound. Created new sequence and still does this.............

Very frustrating..........

So a temporary fix so is I just make a moment where I want the sound played. Then a script with audio_play_sound ().... Its a pain but at least I dont have to start over. It wont play the sound in preview but will play with the game is executed.

https://youtu.be/Gia_yro2VzU

Last edited: