• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows 2.2.3 update broke project, stuck on "Reading config delta" during compile

jedy567

The new update has made it so that whenever I compile the project or use the clean up button, it always hang at the same point:

Reading config delta 'C:\Users\(me)\Desktop\(projectname.yyp)\options\main\inherited\options_main.inherited.yy'

I reverted to the last runtime and the project works again, so I can only assume 2.2.3 is the culprit. Removing the data from that file above gives an error about rooms not being set in the project, which makes sense, but I can no longer run the project in any way on the new version. I let it sit for a half hour and it just never completed.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Please file a bug report and include as much information as possible, including the ui.log file from the &programdata% folder.

Dan

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
This is already in the bug database as 0031135: "Compiling: Asset Compiler gets stuck in an infinite loop "Reading config delta" trying to process overridden instance variables", so we don't need further reports. A fixed runtime release is coming asap.