Portfolio - Programming 16 Yrs Experienced Gml Coder, Game Designer

Discussion in 'Collaboration' started by Leandro Saccoletto, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Leandro Saccoletto

Leandro Saccoletto Member

---Introduction
    My name is Leandro Saccoletto (you can call me Leo for short) and I'm intermediate-advanced Game Maker programmer, with 16 years of experience and bachelor in physics, that boost the ways to thinking help me to deal with problems and finding better solutions. I'm game designer too (not a typical "idea guy"). And a mentor for people new with GML coding or designing certain aspects of the game.

---Background
    My first works are contributing some code to the Super Castlevania 3 (mimic bosses at high levels and gameplay features). Plus I worked in several original projects that sadly are in the hold, like Ninjular and Robot Squad, due the lack of fund to give a continuity (in art and sound department.

My first contact with programming was with Click Team products (Klick and Play, The Game Factory and Multimedia Fusion) and folowing with Game maker 5 ( or a lower version). After discovery the flexibility of GML of gow translates my ideas, I'm using it until until now, with Game Maker Studio 1.4 and 2 I'm learning Unity 5 and how to transfer my knownledge with Game Maker to Unity, but is still in the initial steps.

---Skills
    I possesed Game Maker Studio 1.4 (WIndows/HTML5/Android) and Game Maker Studio 2 (Desktop and Mobile).
    I work with 2D game genre. Normaly I received requests for 2d platformers, puzzle and arcade games.But I have skills to work in any other genre or.I'll list the most of stuff requested

--- Platfomer and Top Down
    -- Basic Motion (walk,jump,wall jump, crouch , shoot, swim, hurt and others cases)
    -- Basic collision and slopes
    -- A persistent system (so enemy killed or items already collected won't appear more in the level)
    -- HUD
    -- Local coop mode.
    -- Enemy, bosses and gimicks AI (like vertical,horizontal, circular platforms, door, jump thorught blocks, water and others)
    -- Parallax effect , including a way to make the transition between rooms looks like a single room.
    -- Pause, inventory, save/load structure, map sytem similar to Castlevania,
    -- Special effects with particles or sprites, or use of tweens, implementation of shaders effects picken in the web.
    -- Creating objects to easy the level designing.
    -- Custom key setting, display resolution changing, music and sound volume.
    -- Crafting system, dialogue system(with multiple choice and letter by letter effect) and others elements.
    -- Grid motion
    - Text boxes with text showing letter by effect, with color changing in some words or simple effects, like shaking.
    - Bullet Hell patterns

--- Puzzles and Arcade
    -- Clones of known games (tetris, 2048, match-3 games , endless games, Tower defense, arkanoid, bomberman)
    -- Level difficulty increases with time and wit rules (for endless games)
    -- Original games, with rules given to me to do.
    -- Menu system with swipes and other fancy effects

-- RPG
    -- I concluded the course "Make a turn-based RPG for Game Maker" from HeartBeast

--- Adventure point and click

--basic setup
    --context cursor (look, walk, use, pick, talk)
    -- inventory to pick, lock and combine items.
    -- basic NPC interaction.

--- Game Design

--with my background as coder, I can concept and developed reliable ideas from the discussions made with my client.
    -- Development of a GDD (Game Design Document) as a guide to maker clear the game ideas and to save time and money.
    -- In can design enemy,boss AI viable ideas, gimmicks concepts and game's flow

--- Others
    - Optimization, code cleaning and organization
    - Add more details in special effects and animation effects with Tweens
    - Touching controls (tap, drag, swipe)
    - Tweaking and bug fixing already existing engines.
    - Porting games to android .

Just an observation, I don't have experience with Online MultiPlayer. And all my skills cited above can be proved, plus I accept new challenges as well.

--Working and Payment

I can work from doing smaller pieces of code (like tweak or scripts) to a full complete project. The rules can be set by a design document, a to-do list, or an idea that I'll try expand and give you my thought to see that you agree or not.

I try to do an initial estimate the time that will take care to do what you want and we discuss the price for this.

As payment, I have account in Paypal. The rules of pricing change accordinly the client's budget . Can be a hourly price and paid by he hours that I worked so far. Or I can be receive one part before the work and the other part after the work is finished. I can work with projects that will be posted in crowndfunding sites. And I'm open with other type of deals. During this period, I'll show the progress of my work, to receive feedback, that can even change the game's route.

In the case of code fixes or add new elements in project, I highly recommend that , if possible, add
    comments in the code and try to organize it in the best way. With this, I can understand faster the code, work sooner with fixes and new features, and you will save time and money.

I don't have interest in revenue share deals.

For game designing, or other stuff associated, I prefer Skype and discord for the talking. and sharing files with this, Dropbox, Google Driver.

--Gifs of Work Done
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

---Contact Info
    If you are interest in my services or have some doubts, you can send PM here or by the follwing ways:
    - PM at this forum
    - e-mail/Skype : lordcyber12@yahoo.com.br
    - Discord by LeandroSaccoletto#0779.
    - Facebook/Messenger : Leandro Saccoletto
    PS:Sorry for any misspellings

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019 at 12:56 AM
  2. Leandro Saccoletto

Avaliable for new jobs now

3. Pieps

Pieps Member

Not looking to hire someone, but are you perhaps maybe interested in joining our attempt of reinventing some 2d physics in gamemaker? :
    https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/collab-reinventing-2d-topdown-physics.3470/

It's a team effort, we try to find as many mathematicians or strong problem solving minds to make it go somewhere. It would be good for your portfolio if we get impressive stuff done(asking you to join because if your bachelor in physics).

4. JDSTIGER

JDSTIGER Member

Are you interested in partnering up? / Helping me with some scripts and codes for my games?

5. Leandro Saccoletto

For now , I'm not interested in full revenue projects. But thanks for your interest

6. RizbIT

RizbIT Member

Do you have any knowledge of Java extensions for android im looking for someone to convert java code to protected jar file, so code is more secure and still accesible to the gm studio compiler

7. Caloxeno

Caloxeno Member

Here´s a small recommendation:
    Actually, I don´t think that anyone will pay to get private lessons, since the GM mentors can give private lessons for free.
    Now, as I have read, seems like you are really experienced; Then, why don´t you become a GM Mentor?

Thank you :)

8. Leandro Saccoletto

Avaliable for new works

9. jb skaggs

jb skaggs Member

I think you did some work for me years ago when I first started in GM ver 6! (if Im wrong I apologize) I believe you wrote me a script for handling a deck of fantasy cards. That was a long time ago. Good to see your still around.

sitebender likes this.
  10. Leandro Saccoletto

///

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  11. Leandro Saccoletto

12. Leandro Saccoletto

looking for new work

13. Leandro Saccoletto

14. Kat Serapha

Kat Serapha Member

I sent you an email asking about some potential work!

15. Leandro Saccoletto

16. Stephane

Stephane Member

Do you have experience with creating extensions?

17. superduperbros

superduperbros Member

I hired Leandro for my project and he was pretty much a godsend. I needed a dynamic level generator for my project and not only did he do this well and to specifications, he managed to make it work even with my not-so-hot code. :) (which is saying something)
    The value he brought to my project for me was incalculable; if you need coding assistance with a GM project and you are fortunate enough to have Leandro available, just hire him.

18. Leandro Saccoletto

19. BlazingMuffinz

BlazingMuffinz Member

I can say that Leandro is a truly exceptional coder, he helped me with me slope collision issues without a hitch. I would truly recommend him to help with any of your problems for any projects.

20. Zachary Edwards

Zachary Edwards Member

Hello, are you still looking for work? I'm designing a 2D turn-based RPG. My email is zacharyt@nycap.rr.com if you'd like to discuss quotes. And honestly even if you're not interested or are too busy, you'd be helping me out a lot with giving a quote anyway so I can better figure out my budget.

21. alexis9000

alexis9000 Member

Awww Leandro, this is AWESOME!!! O.O

22. AaronMM

AaronMM Member

Hello, I'm looking for help making my game work on web browsers. Right now, I can't get audio to work on Chrome (Mac) or on any browser on my iPhone. I also can't get fullscreen to work on my iPhone. Is this something you'd be interested in?

23. Leandro Saccoletto

Avaliable to for new works.

24. Leandro Saccoletto

Avaliable to for new works.

25. George

George Member

I am looking at you from a distance. Currently working on something that I think will be good with help from someone like you.

Discord: georges#7184

26. Leandro Saccoletto

Avaliable for new works

27. kingofbrocoli

kingofbrocoli Member

MOD EDIT: Image removed. Please do not share private conversations unless the other party in the PM gives their permission. ;)

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  28. mark hanham

mark hanham Member

Leandro Saccoletto has been using Gamemaker since its inception and has coded full time for two of the 5 years he was worked for me.

I have used many “gml” coders before and Leandro Saccoletto is by far at the top of his game. He has a good understanding of Retro Games and is proficient in every aspect of the game development cycle. His code is tight, and well documented in English. Any task I gave him he would complete precisely as I wanted it to perform.

I strongly recommend him as a professional game developer.

29. scorpafied

scorpafied Member

I hired leandro for a tbs game engine. Honestly alot of the people i was finding charged ridiculous prices and failed to grasp what i was asking i felt and was trying to force what they thought was best.

Not leandro, he did exact what i wanted, quality work at a realistic price. Honestly if u need a project done his worth considering

30. Cybiont Technologies

Cybiont Technologies Member

Hello, are you still working for a full project to work on?

31. Leandro Saccoletto

32. Tatum_vt

Tatum_vt Member

Hiii I messaged you via email! hope we can work together!!!

33. Higus

Higus Member

I don't usually post but I would like to reccomend Leandro if anyone looking for a programmer.

he was a great to work with, very professional and clean code for good rate

Joe Ellis likes this.
  34. Leandro Saccoletto

Bump.
    if some reason I didn't answer an e-mail, please try to contact me by Discord (LeandroSaccoletto#0779) or PM.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019 at 1:26 AM