Portfolio - Programming [CLOSED] [15+ Years] Freelance Programmer for Hire

Binsk

CURRENTLY CLOSED

Hello, there!

Introduction:
My name is Reuben. I have been working with GameMaker in a hobbyist fashion since 2004 and am extremely fluent in GML. I also have a lot of experience in related languages, such as C++ / Java, which has allowed me to create numerous extensions for various platforms. I graduated in 2015 with a Bachelor degree in Computer Science and am currently freelancing as a portion of my main income.

Examples:
For the past several years most of my work has gone towards stand-alone engine elements rather than entire games. I have written numerous systems such as a 3D rendering engine (discontinued), RPG battle systems, numerous artificial intelligence systems, procedural world creation, 2D lighting systems, shaders in all supported GM languages, and much more.

Recent Examples:
I am working on re-building my portfolio with more recent projects so my "Recent Examples" section is a bit sparse. If you are interested in seeing some of my older discontinued projects then you can take a look at my older works below. While they aren't extremely up-to-date examples of my coding style and abilities, they do show off the kind of work I am familiar with.

Older Works:
I have experience working with source control services such as Github and Bitbucket as well as using the Agile/Scrum and Kanban software development methodology.

Desired Work:
I am willing to work on projects large or small. I can design custom one-off extensions for your project or work longer-term and implement parts of your game directly. My programming methods generally provide modular code that can be easily modified and/or updated down the line if required.

If you want the quickest turnaround time then your best option would be requesting a custom extension that you then plug in yourself. If you are not in a hurry or require something more unique and/or complicated then a full-time hire might be more beneficial.

I currently have access to GMS1.4 with all modules(only taking GMS 1.4 jobs under extremely rare cases) and GMS2.x with Desktop and Mobile modules. This said, I do not have access to iOS or MacOS so I cannot develop for these platforms specifically in terms of external libraries.

Further Support:
I provide one calendar year of technical support starting the day of payment in full / final payment. This includes covering bug fixes for any issues you come across and any questions you may have regarding the extension and/or work I have provided.

I also always provide full documentation in the form of script headers and, depending on the size / complexity of the job, I may include further documentation in the form of a PDF file or webpage-based instance along with examples. The later being at my discretion or if specifically requested by the client.

Contact, Contract, and Payment:
If you are interested or have any questions about my services you can contact me via one of the following:
Email: [email protected]
IM (Matrix): @binsk:matrix.org (recommended client)

I am not willing to sign into a profit share agreement in most cases. If you have a record of previously successful games and effective marketing practices then I may consider it but otherwise I require direct payment for a completed job.

If the job is a one-off extension then generally I can give a quote of my estimated price for the entire project. If you require a longer-term and/or complex project to be completed then I can perform the work in individual sprints where each sprint would be handled like it's own job with a quote and payout.

For any single project quoted over $200 I generally require a legally binding contract to be signed via HelloSign. Because of this you must be the required age to sign a legally binding contract in your country. Once the work has been completed I will send you the invoice of the final payment. This invoice will need to be paid in full before I release any of the code. For any projects quoted under $200 or performed in smaller sub $200 increments I am willing to forgo the contract unless you specifically request it.

I accept two methods of payment:
  1. Crypto Currency (BTC, GUSD, Ether)
  2. Paypal
Unfortunately, due to some disagreements with recent Paypal, Mastercard and now Visa practices I highly prefer payment in the from of crypto. If you have never used crypto before then I will give you a 30% discount on the final quoted price for the first invoice and offer to step you through acquiring and sending crypto via Gemini in order to make up for the time of learning how to use it. For everyone else using crypto I will still give you a 10% discount on every invoice.

All crypto transactions will be performed using CoinPayments as they provide payment tracking, active fiat to crypto rates at time of payment, and transaction history for crypto assets. Only the merchant (me) is required to have an account but having an account yourself allows you to keep records if desired.

If you are adamant against using crypto payments then PayPal is still an option but you will be forgoing any discounts. All invoices will be provided in USD. If paying through PayPal, amounts should be paid in USD. If paying in crypto the amount paid will be according to the conversion rate given by CoinPayments.

If you have any questions please free feel to contact me. Thank you for considering my services.

Last edited:

Binsk

I am now open for further projects but my schedule is looking a little wonky for the next several weeks.

There may be an extra week delay with any new jobs until around mid December 2016.

Thank you.

R

Rydon_Star

Binsk is a great guy to work with. He has been helping me out for awhile now and contributed some great code for my project I am currently working on. I hope to continue working with him in the future. Thanks Binsk!

Binsk

I am now reopening shop and thus bumping this topic. I expect to have somewhat limited time until the end of August (2019) and thus will prioritize smaller projects or projects that don't require fast returns until then.

After that point, however, I will have significantly more time and should be able to provide much faster results. I am happy to take any offers starting today, however.

Thank you.

J

jtmx

Have sent you an email in regards to writing an Android extension for GMS2.

Binsk

Made some changes to my portfolio and the kind of work I'm doing, I'm taking most kinds of jobs now. My time is very open at this point so I should be able to finish jobs very quickly; especially if they are extension requests.

F

Froll

Very good, could use your help with my hobby projects in the future.

If i'd have to add some feature to my GM project can you make a particular script for it, so I could copypast it into my own 💩💩💩💩ty code to implement the feature idea I can't achieve myself?

I even had these mysterious crypto money wallet to pay you ;) (Just made it, but didn't use it yet).

Binsk

Very good, could use your help with my hobby projects in the future.

If i'd have to add some feature to my GM project can you make a particular script for it, so I could copypast it into my own ****ty code to implement the feature idea I can't achieve myself?

I even had these mysterious crypto money wallet to pay you ;) (Just made it, but didn't use it yet).
Fantastic, feel free to shoot me an email if you ever require my services.

To answer your question, it depends on the nature of the job but that is generally doable. My terminal extension, listed in my portfolio, is an example of this where you can get the base-level and fully functional terminal by just dropping a function call or two.

Zizka

I have hired binsk to work with me on my game (and still am). He's by far the best programmer I've worked with. He's reliable and generous with his time and he is very good at what he does. Would definitely recommend!