• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows 144hz monitor issue?

Cpaz

I seem to have a consistent issue where if the GMS2 IDE or my game is running on a 144hz monitor, it locks itself to a lower framerate. Moving it over to my 60hz monitor smooths the framerate back to normal.

I've tried searching this separately, and the consensus I read was it locks to 50 fps.
This does seem to match what I'm seeing, mind you.

Is anyone else experience thing this issue? Or is this fixable on my end?

I'm also having this issue. It's also affecting compiled builds of my previously-fine GMS1.4 projects. Might be due to some obscure Windows update shenanigans. 60FPS games lock at 50; 30 FPS games at 25. I filed a bug report, but you might want to do so as well so they can have more reports on record.

A

AstralBlader

Bump,
Still happening here.
Anyone got any solutions yet?

Amon

Have you guys tried applying FREESYNC/GSYNC to both windowed and full screen apps in your GFX card controller panel settings? Or maybe disabling FREESYNC/GSYNC for windowed apps?

Have you guys tried applying FREESYNC/GSYNC to both windowed and full screen apps in your GFX card controller panel settings? Or maybe disabling FREESYNC/GSYNC for windowed apps?
I don't have a freesync/Gsync monitor. Vsync on/off in general doesn't seem to matter.

Bump,
Still happening here.
Anyone got any solutions yet?
No solutions yet. This is the latest topic from someone with a similar issue:

Last edited:

Cpaz

It's logged in the mantis: https://bugs.yoyogames.com/view.php?id=31655
I have no clue when they'll get to it, though. It's highly unlikely that it'll be fixed before 2.3.1

But it *looks* like 144 should work fine. So dynamically assign game speed based on refresh rate and optimize around that??? That's the only workable solution for the time being.