Portfolio - Programming [14+ Years] Freelance Programmer

Discussion in 'Collaboration' started by Binsk, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Binsk

Binsk Member

Hello, there!

Introduction:
    My name is Reuben. I have been working with GameMaker in a hobbyist fashion since 2004 and am extremely fluent in GML. I also have a lot of experience in related languages, such as C++ / Java, which has allowed me to create numerous extensions for various platforms. I graduated in 2015 with a Bachelor degree in Computer Science and am currently freelancing alongside my regular job for the sake of enjoyment and experience.

Examples:
    For the past several years most of my work has gone towards stand-alone engine elements rather than completed games in an effort to expand my knowledge. I have written numerous systems such as a 3D rendering engine (discontinued), RPG battle systems, numerous artificial intelligence systems, procedural world creation, 2D lighting systems and much more.

As most of these are created for internal use I do not have any extremely recent examples to provide. I am working on building up some more recent portfolio examples, however until then here are some of my older semi-relevant works for GMS1.4:
    I have experience working with source control services such as Github and Bitbucket as well as using the Agile software development methodology.

Desired Work:
    I am offering my services mostly to help build individual modules or elements of a game rather than acting as a full-time team-member.

The work I do is generally in the form of an extension that allows you to plug-in your requested functionality. This means, however, that you will have to implement the extension into your project yourself. An example of what this would look like would be, for example, the desire to click on objects in 3D space. I would write an extension that allows you to input the mouse coordinates and, perhaps, a vertex buffer and model matrix. It would then spit out the collision location (if any). You would still have to actually implement the usage of this functionality.

I am open to other forms of work as well as working more closely with a team or helping out with the entirety of a project, however this will be judged on a per-project basis whereas simply requesting an extension would be something I am almost always willing to do.

I currently have access to GMS1.4 with all modules and GMS2.x with Desktop and Mobile modules. That said, I do not have access to iOS or MacOS so I cannot develop for these platforms specifically.

Further Support:
    I provide one calendar year of technical support starting the day of payment in full. This includes covering bug fixes for any issues you come across and any questions you may have regarding the extension.

I also always provide full documentation in the form of script headers and, depending on the size / complexity of the job, I may include further documentation in the form of a PDF file along with examples. The later being at my discretion or if specifically requested by the client.

Contact, Contract, and Payment:
    If you are interested or have any questions about my services you can contact me via one of the following:
    Email: binsk@disroot.org
    Matrix: @binsk:matrix.org (recommended client)

After being given all the details to a job I will provide you with a rough quote in USD. This could be the required amount for the entire project or a single sprint of the project depending on how our discussions go. I will require you to sign a legally binding contract via HelloSign before work begins unless the quote is below $200USD. Once work is completed I will send you an invoice that is to be paid in full. Regardless as to the amount in the quote, you must be of legal age in your country to sign a legally binding contract.

Unfortunately, due to some disagreements with recent Paypal and Mastercard practices I will only accept payment in the form of Cryptocurrency. My preference is Bitcoin but I am willing to discuss other coins if you require it. Payment requests / tracking will be performed via CoinPayments, of which I will send you the transaction details when payment is due. Bitcoin amount will be equivalent in value to the USD value specified by the invoice at time of payment (conversion is handled by CoinPayments).

If you are unfamiliar with using Bitcoin then I am more than happy to step you through the payment process from purchasing Bitcoin through the Gemini exchange to sending it via CoinPayments. First-time crypto users will get a 30% discount off the final price once the invoice is sent.

Thank you for considering my services.

Important Notice:
    After having had numerous e-mails and noticing a theme, I felt the need to post this extra notice.

If you are contacting someone with the hope of enlisting their services, especially when these services are paid, you should strive to compose e-mails as professional as possible. For me personally I don't expect a lot of fancy mumbo-jumbo, however I do expect proper spelling, grammar and punctuation, as well as polite and professional behavior.

As freelancing is not my primary source of income and rather something I do out of the joy it brings me, I will be picky with choosing my clients. This means that if you e-mail me using text-speak I will likely ignore your e-mail entirely. Thank you.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    jtmx and KingdomOfGamez like this.
  2. Binsk

Binsk Member

I am now open for further projects but my schedule is looking a little wonky for the next several weeks.

There may be an extra week delay with any new jobs until around mid December 2016.

Thank you.

3. Rydon_Star

Rydon_Star Member

Binsk is a great guy to work with. He has been helping me out for awhile now and contributed some great code for my project I am currently working on. I hope to continue working with him in the future. Thanks Binsk!

Binsk likes this.
  4. Binsk

Binsk Member

I am now reopening shop and thus bumping this topic. I expect to have somewhat limited time until the end of August (2019) and thus will prioritize smaller projects or projects that don't require fast returns until then.

After that point, however, I will have significantly more time and should be able to provide much faster results. I am happy to take any offers starting today, however.

Thank you.

jtmx likes this.
  5. jtmx

jtmx Member

Have sent you an email in regards to writing an Android extension for GMS2.