Portfolio - Programming [14+ Years] Freelance Programmer

Discussion in 'Collaboration' started by Binsk, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Binsk

Binsk Member

Hello, there!

Introduction:
    My name is Reuben. I have been working with GameMaker in a hobbyist fashion since 2004 and am extremely fluent in GML. I also have experience in C, C++, Java, and Python and am willing and quick to learn whatever is needed should I not already have the knowledge. I graduated in 2015 with a Bachelor degree in Computer Science and am currently freelancing alongside my regular job for the sake of enjoyment and experience.

Examples:
    My experience is primarily with designing underlying engines, artificial intelligence, procedural generation, and 3D graphics. However, I have also worked solo on full games that have ranged from 3D arcade to FPS to RPGs out of personal interest. As of late I have been primarily using a different engine for design so I don't have many recent examples in GameMaker, but I've been keeping my knowledge recent. That said, here are some older projects I have done with GM:
    I have formed a well-modularized and readable form of programming over the years. I also have experience in writing both single-threaded and multi-threaded external extensions for GameMaker and can quickly research and learn new concepts should I come across the need.

Desired Work:
    I am offering my services in the form of custom extensions and/or modular "functionality packages."

What this means is that you would request a certain feature or functionality you desire and I will write a fully modular package that can easily be plugged into your projects in order to add the desired features. This does mean, however, that you will have to handle implementing the package into your game and/or program. An example of this would be perhaps a request for the ability to click on objects in 3D space. I would design a modular set of scripts that can take mouse coordinates and perhaps a vertex buffer and model matrix and then return where (if any) the collision occurred. You would then have to implement the usage of those scripts into your game.

That in mind, I always include full documentation in the form of a PDF, as well as script headers and comments in case you may want to dig deeper into the code itself.

I am open to other kind of work as well or working more closely with other project team members but I will gauge this on a per-project basis while something like listed above is pretty much always something I'm willing to do.

Lastly on this point, although not required, things will go smoother if you are familiar with a source-control service such as github or bitbucket.

Further Support:
    After you are given the extension I will provide some extended support.
    • I provide one calendar year of technical support starting the day of delivery. This includes covering bug fixes for any issues you come across and any questions you may have regarding the extension.

Should the project be completed in sprints, this support will begin at the time of payment for the final sprint.

Contact, Contract, and Payment:
    If you are interested or have any questions about my services, please e-mail me at binsk (at) disroot.org. Should things proceed further we can make extra contact arrangements as needed.

I have GameMaker: Studio v1.4 with all exports and GameMaker: Studio v2.0 with desktop and mobile exports. I do not have access to apple products, however, so I cannot specifically develop for iOS or Mac OS X.

In regards to method of payment, I only accept crypto currencies. I will be using CoinPayments to make the payment as easy as possible for you and to help track everything for tax reasons. I accept the most common coins such as BTC, LTC, Ether, and BCH, but am willing to consider others if you so require. I'm afraid I cannot accept any fiat currencies at the moment. The amount paid in crypto will be equivalent to my quoted price in USD at the time of payment.

I require a legally binding contract to be signed before starting any work on the job. As such, you must be the required age by your country in order to do so. After discussing the project and clarifying what will need to be done I will send you a quote. After the quote is accepted I will send you the contract and a signature request via HelloSign. After the job is completed I will e-mail you an invoice and await payment before delivering the editable files. Should the project be of significant size then I can work via sprints where you pay for each sprint individually as they are completed while also providing you the option to close the contract at any time (between sprints).

If you have any questions feel free to contact me via the e-mail listed above or via PM on these forums. If you are considering my services but are not sure if it falls into my category of work, contact me. This portfolio is a guideline, I am generally pretty flexible with the work I am willing to do. I hope you choose to use my services. Thank you for your time.

Important Notice:
    After having had numerous e-mails and noticing a theme, I felt the need to post this extra notice.

If you are contacting someone with the hope of enlisting their services, especially when these services are paid, you should strive to compose e-mails as professional as possible. For me personally I don't expect a lot of fancy mumbo-jumbo, however I do expect proper spelling, grammar and punctuation, as well as polite and professional behavior.

As freelancing is not my primary source of income and rather something I do out of the joy it brings me, I will be picky with choosing my clients. This means that if you e-mail me using text-speak I will likely ignore your e-mail entirely. Thank you.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019 at 2:03 AM
    jtmx and KingdomOfGamez like this.
  2. Binsk

Binsk Member

I am now open for further projects but my schedule is looking a little wonky for the next several weeks.

There may be an extra week delay with any new jobs until around mid December 2016.

Thank you.

3. Rydon_Star

Rydon_Star Member

Binsk is a great guy to work with. He has been helping me out for awhile now and contributed some great code for my project I am currently working on. I hope to continue working with him in the future. Thanks Binsk!

Binsk likes this.
  4. Binsk

Binsk Member

I am now reopening shop and thus bumping this topic. I expect to have somewhat limited time until the end of August (2019) and thus will prioritize smaller projects or projects that don't require fast returns until then.

After that point, however, I will have significantly more time and should be able to provide much faster results. I am happy to take any offers starting today, however.

Thank you.

jtmx likes this.
  5. jtmx

jtmx Member

Have sent you an email in regards to writing an Android extension for GMS2.