Portfolio - Programming Senior Programmer with Diversified Skillsets - TCP/UDP Online Networking, Backend/Frontend, Web & General Purpose

Greenwitch

Hey there! I'm an experienced software engineer with years of experience in various fields of computer-science/software development.

Specialties
  • Real-time, Online Multiplayer
  • Networking architectures, predictions, interpolation, etc.
  • MMORPGs - Ever dreamt of making an MMORPG of your own?
  • TCP/UDP servers for multiplayer game's backend in various languages (NodeJS, C++, Java)
  • Custom IAP, payments API of your choice, ads, trackers, etc.
  • Custom Extensions (C++, Java)
  • HTML5 games, HTML5 scaling issues, responsiveness, video ads/IAP and payment API on browser games
  • HTML5 porting to native
  • NodeJS with TypeScript
  • Anything JS/TS (Javascript/TypeScript) based.
  • Custom online HTTP based functionalities, login/register system, online error logging, user data, all with seamless integration into GameMaker
  • Online saves, user analytics, login/register, other types of data fetching/stream, etc.
  • Custom server module in PHP
  • Database: MySQL/MySQLi, MongoDB, etc.
  • Object-oriented approach state machines
  • ECS Entity Component System
  • 3D games
  • Shaders

If you're planning to host/deploy a backend game server, I can help you by reaching to a VPS/dedicated server that starts at $5/month and SSH-ing into it, installing the required dependencies, preparing it to serve your static files, doing database, wiring them together, and making your server runtime run forever (automation to restart when failing, failsafes, etc). All this so you can 100% focus on the design part, and leave the heavy-lifting technical part for me.

Basically if you need anything that involves online connectivity with GameMaker Studio 2, then chances are, I can probably work on it.

---------------------------------------------------------------​

Outside of that, I also dominate every single aspect of GameMaker Studio 2 development very well, so if you have any needs on regular game creations like the ones below, feel free to contact me and inquire.
  • Top-down
  • Platformers
  • Shoot 'm Up
  • Side-scroller beat 'm up
  • RPGs and Pseudo-RPGs
  • Advanced inventory/items/stats system
  • Particles - designing and incorporating a robust modular particle system
  • Extended UI system & development
  • Project and code management
  • Fixing your broken/buggy project
  • Make a custom game of your idea from zero
  • Consulting service - Perhaps you need some guidance on the technical aspect of things with your awesome idea?

Some of My Past Work

I made a face-detection GameMaker app with an external library. I set up a local server which constantly read from a camera source (the camera was placed publicly in an event, pointing at visitors), then the data was fed into GameMaker Studio 2. This is so it could display what the expressions of the surrounding people are like, whether they're happy, or sad, or grumpy, etc. Those faces are then mapped into sprites and animated in this hilarious manner. My creation was showcased in Miami Art Museum!

FriMMoHWcAAUBc-.png
I worked on a Web3 MMO called CryptoFoxes. Parkour/physics based 2D platformer (think Super Meat Boy), with a touch of "MMO" seasoning so you can meet other people, socialize, and show off your in-game items and whatnot.

This was worked on for the students to better learn GameMaker Studio 2. Simple boiler-plate top-down 2D ARPG framework. Just basic mechanics and a little bit of everything: Movement & collision, implementing simple tiles, simple UI to teach them how scaling, cameras and viewports work, functioning enemies with state machines & pathfinding, and a simple explosion spell/hitbox that damages them. This demonstrates how instances are being used together in GMS2.

A browser-based RPG about chemistry - hence the name, Element Explorer. I was commissioned to make a register & login system, as well as implementing the online save feature, with Node HTTP Server as the backend, and MySQL for the database. This allows you to have an online platform with various functionalities, such as social & ads/trackers. Pretty much identical to those online integrated game portals where you play on the browser as a registered user. Even the save data are stored on the server, so you can take your progress across any devices with you and play them anywhere, whether its PC or Mobile.

This is a localized browser-based presentation-style minigame for kids. A commission for a nutrition-science thesis work in one of the most prestigious universities in my country. The aim was to teach basic nutrition-sci stuff in a fun and enjoyable way, for the kids of a local elementary school who aren't very financially blessed. This was a challenge due to the tight deadline, and more importantly, on the technical side of things as it had to be able to be played across multiple types of devices - since we cannot afford the luxury of telling them to "download something", nor expecting that everyone has a windows machine at their disposal. It had to be just a clickable link that directly plays the game, period. It's fortunate enough for them to have a phone per household, but this also means its probably an older slower phone, so I had to optimize the code very carefully - not to mention to handle all the possible aspect ratio's and resolutions, screen PPI, etc. which is not pleasant at all with GM's HTML5 module. In the end, it all worked out. This ran on 50-100 phones of various make & model without issue.

tibia ability 1.giftibia ability 2.gif

An MMORPG project with GameMaker inspired by Tibia. I worked on the Networking aspect of things.

Compensation
The pricing for my work is very flexible and can cater to your needs for long-term projects. Before starting the work, I'll quote you the price which I'll then require a 50% deposit in the beginning, and the rest will be paid upon the completion of the project. Prices won't change even if it ended up taking me more time than estimated. I go with a task-based/productivity-based pricing instead of hourly.

At last, I can always work with your budget. Feel free to ask to get a quote first. Project inspection and consultation are completely free of charge! So you don't lose anything by simply contacting me to inquire and have me take a good look at your project.

I also have a Fiverr account. It's not my main focus - though I do have completed a few orders occasionally here and there as well as some happy customers and 5-star reviews.

Annotation 2020-07-09 210929.jpg

Email: [email protected]
Discord: mrvictordiaz#2490

Looking forward to working with you.

Last edited:
M

Meteo Xavier

If you have a website or something I can bookmark, I'd like to consider you for future work. I'm not building a game now, but I am building a rolodex of people I can pay (yes, pay, not rev-share) for help when I do start to build one.

Greenwitch

If you have a website or something I can bookmark, I'd like to consider you for future work. I'm not building a game now, but I am building a rolodex of people I can pay (yes, pay, not rev-share) for help when I do start to build one.
You can bookmark this thread, or you can directly save my contact information instead, as my website other than currently being remade, only shows my portfolio of my works and well... my contact info. Soon I'll post my website here in this thread, regardless.

Greenwitch

Bumping. Currently working for 3 clients, 1 is almost finished and 2 is on hold. Looking for some more work, and I will be available in about 20 hours after I posted this.

Last edited:

Greenwitch

Just finished a bunch of projects with many clients since last year. Will (hopefully) post more mockups and showcase on my portfolio soon.

Also, excited to say that I'm available again!

Last edited:
L

Leverage Productions

Hi, we're looking for talented individuals for our team to work on a game long-term. Would you be interested if you were to work with a reduced rate and compensated the remaining with revenue share?

Carbon

Hey, I have a very specific request, not sure if you can work on it though. It's about bridging a custom particle extension/editor made with OpenGL in C++ that we got, with GMS2. Is this the kind of work that you're doing as well? Hoping of a positive answer since you got some sick rates. I'm digging it! 😂

Greenwitch

Hey, I have a very specific request, not sure if you can work on it though. It's about bridging a custom particle extension/editor made with OpenGL in C++ that we got, with GMS2. Is this the kind of work that you're doing as well? Hoping of a positive answer since you got some sick rates. I'm digging it! 😂
PM'd

G

gorc21

Hey, sent you an email. Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Flaick

Hired him for my project. Really professional and fast. He delivered a smart solution with clean code.