1080p graphics sprite size

A

AlphaRedDragon

i wondered what size i should make sprites if im going for a 1080 resolution. i want it to look smooth
thanks

A

Aura

To clarify what sarcastic @Lonewolff is trying to say: Your original post is terribly vague. Why do you want a flock of random people to choose the size of your sprites in the first place? Experiment yourself as you see fit and choose for yourself. For starters, sprite size does NOT determine how smooth the game would look.

Llama_Code

The resolution does not dictate the size of the sprites, it all depends on what style you are going for. Just remember you can scale down easier than scale up, so make them bigger than you need.

Roa

For higher resolution, you should try to use vector art. It has indefinitely sharp lines around the outside edges. Out side of that, you can make pixel art and scale them onto polygons for crisp clean images with as few as artifacts as possible.

RangerX

The resolution does not dictate the size of the sprites, it all depends on what style you are going for. Just remember you can scale down easier than scale up, so make them bigger than you need.
Wierd thing to say as a general comment. Like this declaration fits most situation. Its very rare you scale down (if you know what you're doing):

- Scaling down = always some graphic loss
- Scaling up = never any graphic loss

In most cases its a bad idea to scale down.