• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Discussion ~~ LOVE ~~

Gamer (ex-Cantavanda)

〜Flower Prince〜
Here is the official topic for LOVE or ROMANCE!!!
A topic in the previous forum existed, made by Moogle-Girl, but none has been made in this one.

So, what's your status? Married happily? Got a crush on someone? Are you completely shattered and heartbroken? When was your first crush/relationship? Are you all alone in this cold world? Tell us about it here! Do you need any advice about it? You're at the perfect place! Because, as we all know, video game programmers are the biggest experts in love-related issues.

To get the discussion started, I was once in love for three years with a girl but she rejected me and is now married happily. It made me sad for a long time, but the wounds have mostly healed, and I'm happy for her. Now I don't have a crush on anyone, I'm open for it, but at the same time I'm patient and waiting for the right one to come by, so no need to rush anything. There's always girls that seem a little exciting and that I can have good talks and moments with, but I know that it isn't real love and just attraction, so it's better not to convince myself otherwise hehe.

My first crush was Dawn from Pokémon! When I was 10 years old. After that Cynthia from Pokémon. She's still very beautiful.

Oh yes, that's something interesting... fictional character crushes! Or celebrity crushes for the more normal people. Got any? Had any?

RULES: NO TALK ABOUT S*X, not allowed! That's for adults, this is a family friendly forum. :eek: :eek:

Gamer (ex-Cantavanda)

〜Flower Prince〜
Err... Are you really ninteen ?
Yup. She got married at age 20. She's one year older then me. I knew her since childhood.

I thought it has been made clear multiple times before that the GMC is not a dating platform?
Aah no that's not my intention! An internet date is the least I want right now! Haha. Just wanna get some discussion started. It's often an interesting subject to talk about.

Rob

I have two things to say to anyone who might need to hear it:

You can protect yourself or you can risk loving someone.

Pfap

I have two things to say to anyone who might need to hear it:

You can protect yourself or you can risk loving someone.
Ehhh, just saw this maybe 3 days to late lol. I just kind of backed out of a date. I have friends that are always dating around and know people who are pretty much never single. As soon as they break up or things don't work out they find another person. I never understood that, but then again last date I went on was really cool... but then I just lost energy. I think I have the opposite of the fear of being alone lol. Also, I wouldn't really describe myself as an introvert; actually I'm more of an extrovert and I feel when you have a partner or are couple you need to be more reserved maybe...
Like, part of your energy has to go to the other person as opposed to being the life of the party.

Otherwise, dating sometimes feels like a chore to me. So, I guess maybe I just like being single? Although, it can get lonely at times.

Edit:
Also, might sub consciously be trying to avoid what happened to @Cantavanda

Gamer (ex-Cantavanda)

〜Flower Prince〜
Also, might sub consciously be trying to avoid what happened to @Cantavanda
She took over my entire body and shattered it from the inside.
When she was in the hospital after [.....] she told me she wanted to have many great moments with me for the rest of our life. A month later she cut off all contact and refused to see me, I heard from family she figured I was in love and never wanted to talk to me ever again, because she didn't feel the same way. Seeing her in coma and many more terrible things I'm not gonna tell was so painful. Almost two years after that I haven't seen a picture or had any contact, I just know she married this summer. But it never stopped hurting.

GIRLS ARE GAY

Rob

Lemme try this analogy:

Girls are like gamedev. You never know which ones gonna be a hit until it's a hit. That's when all of the previous failures don't seem as bad because they may well have helped you get where you are.

That's also a good reason not to give up.

Gamer (ex-Cantavanda)

〜Flower Prince〜
Lemme try this analogy:

Girls are like gamedev. You never know which ones gonna be a hit until it's a hit. That's when all of the previous failures don't seem as bad because they may well have helped you get where you are.

That's also a good reason not to give up.
That's beautiful.
You could be on the verge of suicide and about to DIE (Like SQUARE in the 80s) but then in a desperate attempt date someone (Make a last game, FINAL FANTASY) but it turns out to be the best descision ever, u marry and you still have a loving relationship 30 years later, had amazing loving moments like FINAL FANTASY VI and X but sometimes fight and feel bad like FINAL FANTASY XIII. But in the end.... Well I don't know, the franchise is still running so we'll see how this relationship ends. She apperantly loves boy bands and country now (FFXV). What a bummer, she used to love opera (FFVI).

Reactions: Rob

Cpaz

Single for now ,and probably will be for a while. Between trying to better understand myself, collage, and now a full time off and on software position thanks to said collage, I don't think I have the time, nor the drive to get knee deep into a relationship.

Rob

That's beautiful.
You could be on the verge of suicide and about to DIE (Like SQUARE in the 80s) but then in a desperate attempt date someone (Make a last game, FINAL FANTASY) but it turns out to be the best descision ever, u marry and you still have a loving relationship 30 years later, had amazing loving moments like FINAL FANTASY VI and X but sometimes fight and feel bad like FINAL FANTASY XIII. But in the end.... Well I don't know, the franchise is still running so we'll see how this relationship ends. She apperantly loves boy bands and country now (FFXV). What a bummer, she used to love opera (FFVI).
lol yeah

M

Misty

That's beautiful.
Final Fantasy has good music in my opinion.

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
My first actual relationship was in middle school, me and this girl (for confidentiality I'll call her Suze) We were never in the same classes but we were in this group of friends so, anyways she contacted me through an app called Kik where I talk to other across the world friends, and she asked if we should hook up, I though why not whats the worst that can happen? Boy did I not know what was comming. about 2 maybe 2&1/2 I came to the conclusion, I didnt feel the same as She felt towards me, and by this time it was the end of the school year and again we werent in the same classes. So I broke up with her via text message. (Smooth &)) I told her That I didnt fell the same and that we can still be friends and that you know no hard feelings. She flipped the TR-uck out on me, told me to die wanted me to die and just thought I was this horrible horrible person, so month or so goes by, she has been stalking me on facebook, this other app ifunny, everything, she tells me that she wants to talk to me and that I should give her my skype so we can talk, I blocked her because she stalking me and wanted me to die what a wonderful combo, also to add some more info to this, she had mental problems such as psychotic and had been to a mental institution. So that was my first experience with dating, every other girl i've liked since has told me they like me too, and then crush my heart and gone out with some one else so, no dating's not really me thing :p