Asset - Extension Text to Speech

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lonewolff

Will be upping the price from $1.99 to $9.99 in a few days, as this is the only asset of its kind in the MarketPlace (as far as I am aware).

L

Lahssoo

I took a quick look... And I'd discourage anybody to buy it : it's a simple SAPI wrapper, so it's just a 10 minutes hack job based on that that : MSDN Speech API Overview . But more importantly, it's a poor hack job : SAPI is depending on user's locale, so while the demo sounded ok on my US windows 10, it became really funny as soon as I tried it on my girlfriend's laptop and her French Windows 10 :

L

Lonewolff

I encourage anyone who can wrap SAPI and multithread it so it doesn't stall GMS in ten minutes to go for it. :)

The labour time it takes to turn on you ur PC and load VS will exceed the asset price. Average Australian wage is $0.65 per minute. So you'd have to have the entire thing created in three minutes just to break even.

Love the video too, that sounds awesome in a French accent. Thanks for putting that up :)

With SAPI accepting XML tags, you are free to change the locale, pitch, speed, and so on simply by adding the appropriate tags.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms717077(v=vs.85).aspx

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Lonewolff

the whole point of this extension is that hes put it into gamemaker, it doesnt matter if its free code, putting it in is work so it can be charged for if he wants, if you dont wanna pay do it yourself
That's exactly it. :)

If you can write this asset in ten minutes, great. Kudos to you.

Most people here don't know how to code in C++ and various other API's. After all this is why they use GameMaker, right? :)

ThraxxMedia

i can't see this project it says... You don't have access to that
Probably because the user took this particular asset offline. You can see what they're still offering on the YoYo marketplace right here: Lonewolff GameMaker assets
Please notice that the user (on this forum at least) is either banned, or they deleted their account, as far as I can tell. So there's probably no way to contact them.

But fret not, for there's alternative solutions: if you're interested in text-to-speech (among many other things), look up "DLCEXT" ;)

Lonewolff said:
Will be upping the price from $1.99 to $9.99 in a few days, as this is the only asset of its kind in the MarketPlace (as far as I am aware).
Well that's not been true for a long time at this point. Jeez, imagine if someone charged $9.99 for just text-to-speech alone nowadays. Wouldn't that be horrible? 😅

Lonewolff said:
Most people here don't know how to code in C++ and various other API's. After all this is why they use GameMaker, right? :)
Despite several other things they said, that I don't agree with... this one is absolutely true. Unfortunately even more so for people who know how to code C++ etc. but still can't figure out how your stuff works, so they just give up and show strong signs of envy whenever they see you achieve something they couldn't manage to pull off themselves in the first place. It'll always be that way, sad as it is...

"Oh, I cannot fathom how you did the thing you did... and you never publicly released any documentation or source code, to allow me to steal parts of your code... so I'll just sh*t all over you for no reason to express my displeasure."

Developers (especially independent ones) should support each other, for christ's sake; not see each other as "competition" to beat. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

LuxArtz

Probably because the user took this particular asset offline. You can see what they're still offering on the YoYo marketplace right here: Lonewolff GameMaker assets
Please notice that the user (on this forum at least) is either banned, or they deleted their account, as far as I can tell. So there's probably no way to contact them.

But fret not, for there's alternative solutions: if you're interested in text-to-speech (among many other things), look up "DLCEXT" ;)

Well that's not been true for a long time at this point. Jeez, imagine if someone charged $9.99 for just text-to-speech alone nowadays. Wouldn't that be horrible? 😅

Despite several other things they said, that I don't agree with... this one is absolutely true. Unfortunately even more so for people who know how to code C++ etc. but still can't figure out how your stuff works, so they just give up and show strong signs of envy whenever they see you achieve something they couldn't manage to pull off themselves in the first place. It'll always be that way, sad as it is...

"Oh, I cannot fathom how you did the thing you did... and you never publicly released any documentation or source code, to allow me to steal parts of your code... so I'll just sh*t all over you for no reason to express my displeasure."

Developers (especially independent ones) should support each other, for christ's sake; not see each other as "competition" to beat. :rolleyes:
Maybe I can contact You in discord My discord is: luxartzgames

I want to talk about that extension

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
as the asset is no longer available and lonewolf's account is deleted

I'll lock this topic to prevent future necro-bumping

Status
Not open for further replies.