Following some advice I was able to read from a .txt file and get a dialogue system working with english.
read = file_text_open_read(path+file);
var num = 0;
str[num++] = file_text_read_string(read);
message[num] = ""...
EDIT: I have now found the solution. I went to my font and added a new range, and added ASCII values. I have now solved the problem.
I have not had any success in being able to draw text with special symbols. I have had luck using the chr() function for standard letters, but I am having issues...
So I'm creating this android game where you can create your own levels and save them. Those levels are saved in a .txt file inside the device's memory.
One of the things I need to save and load is the level's name, which might contain characters like á, Ö, etc that aren't compatible with ANSI...