I am attempting to implement localization support into my game but I am running into one challenge. My game is a card game and the description of cards can change depending on how many "Fusion Points" a card has. For example I may have a card like this:
Gunshot: Fire 2 bullets.
But if I gain 1...
There's only one slot for each platform to set display name in Gamemaker Studio2 options. For iOS it may be localized by info.plist before archiving. How to do this for windows and android or other possible platforms? It is not good devices with other system languages all display English name of...
In my game I have setup a localization system using an included .ini file. The strings.ini file looks like this
The font we are using now, fully supports Japanese, Latin, Cyrillic and Greek characters and it looks great.
However when adding Chinese language, not all characters show up (some do because Japanese has some shared characters), because they aren't in the font.
Is there a way to use a backup...
GM Version: GMS2
Target Platform: All except HTML5
Download: see video
Summary: How to use JSON locale data to create multi-language games.
I put together a video tutorial (my first ever) on dynamically loading JSON locale files and using them to make your game multilingual. This...
I plan localizing my game and I have two ideas rolling around in my mind on how to load text. Either load the strings from an .ini file into a ds_grid in a centralized way and have the objects access the strings form that grid or load strings in each object when a room starts (or object spawned)...
I have read some topics about localization and still confused...
So what im doing is creating global arrays when the game starts:
global.introText[0, 0] = "English text";
global.introText[0, 1] = "Russian Text";
And i have a global variable "global.lang" that can be 0 (eng) or 1 (ru)...
I will keep this as brief as possible.
I'm using an ini file to make my game available in both english and portuguese languages.
And all the code is perfect and working, the only problem is the portuguese language.
Here's how it should show up:
A porta não está trancada.
This is how it...
Hey does anyone know how to get more than just ENGLISH to show in the Languages property of the Apple App Store listing? I tried adding to the .plist, but that didn't do anything... then I found this in the docs :
The next page requires you to input the basic details for your...
Hello everyone, I'm having some problems with in-game localization.
I'm using a text file to load the strings (language.json) and also using the function json_decode (so I can get the text and transform into a ds_map). The problem I'm having is that characters like "ã", "é", "ô" and "ç" are not...
First, I'm not interested in any marketplace asset for multi language. I'm interested in the core idea. I would like to know what is the best way to manage multi language and localization in a GameMaker Studio project, and I would like to hear your thoughts and ideas based on your...
Hey everybody. I am having a game that supports multiple languages by reading a JSON file as a ds_map. With adding all necessary glyphs for all the supported languages to the font that went quite well.
Problem is: How to do this for languages with a huge amount of characters, such as Chinese...
I have a problem that i've yet to find a solution for, i want to draw text by GML functions in the Arabic language, but as soon as the game starts the Arabic sentences are converted to weird symbols, it's either that or the text displaying in reverse or the letters of a word displaying...
I would like to create a simply game with GPS localization. I downloaded this extension (which is probably official one)
I created new fresh project then I add this extension and when I try to compile the game for android...