• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

360 degree

1. A

GameMaker 360 panorama efect in game maker

How a can make degree 360 panorama efect like google map? Please help
  2. M

360* Joystick Rotation

Just wanted to share some SIMPLE code I worked up to get full 360 degree rotation for GamePads (joysticks for GM8) LEFT Joystick - full 360 movement & image rotation End Step Event: hspeed = gamepad_axis_value(0,gp_axislh) // hspeed = left joystick horizontal movement vspeed =...
  3. CheatingPenguin

GameMaker Sonic-Like 360° Slope Movements?

Hello! I'm trying to get my player object to be able to walk up and around slopes similar to how Sonic is able to run through loops. My player can currently walk left and right. I've tried implementing 360° Slope Movements onto my player object for the past 4 days straight but to no avail. I'm...
  4. K

360 Movement System Help

Inside of my platformer, there is a system where there is four different sides the character can move on. When he hits a certain object, he rotates and travels vertically, and if he hits a different instance with a certain image_xscale or image_yscale, he rotates accordingly. I originally tried...
  5. A

Legacy GM mouse circular movement problem

Trying to make a different way of aiming an object(clamp_range) moves around an object that's in the center of the view, when you move the mouse, "clamp_range" will move in a circular way, and like the mouse, it can't get closer or farther from the center of the view ezgif.com-video-to-gif...
  6. D

Legacy GM How to have a character base his speed on the ground angle.

Hello GMC! So I've been working on a sonic-esque platforming engine. I have the player able to move in all 360 degrees without any hindrance. I'm having trouble with getting the player to slow down when going up the hill and speed up when going down a hill. My engine is based on having 2...
  7. D

360 Degree Platformer Help

Hello Gamemaker Community! So I've recently decided that I want to make a platformer video game. I'm basing my idea for a game after games like Sonic and Freedom Planet. A large part of these games invoves the ability to move smoothly in all 360 degress like slopes and loops. I'm not even sure...
  8. A

Virtual Joystick/GamePad Help (360d movement)

Hi, I am trying to implement a virtual joystick into my game so that I can have true 360 degree movement. I was wondering if anyone had some example code or ways on how to do this? Thanks. This is what i'm trying to achieve (The joystick in this picture)...