1. beetlesheIIs

[1.4.9999] Editor crashes when playtest ends

Hiya, I'm using the steam version of Gamemaker 1.4 and recently updated it to 1.4.9999. But since I updated, whenever I playtest the game it all runs fine, until I close the playtest, then it just crashes the IDE. This happens both when I close the window of the playtest and press the button in...
  2. TheoX

Where is GMS 1.4 non-updater executable located? (also, Updater launches then immediately closes)

I've been having trouble lately launching Game Maker in a location that's not my usual workplace. I have a Win 11 and 10 computer both available here but the launcher exhibits the same issue, a critical failure preventing launch of the program. The updater (whether launched from the file or...
  3. G

SOLVED [LEGACY GM] Audio group volume doesn't change as expected when using audio listener

I'm working in a test project in GMS 1.4.9999 to try to figure out how to properly set up my audio system before I implement it into my main project. More specifically, it involves positional audio in 2D via an audio listener while also letting you change the overall volume of the sounds in the...
  4. P

Legacy GM Help with game over audio

I am working on a galaga style game. The player has 3 lives and dies after getting hit 3 times, but i want it to play an audio when he dies. i cant figure out how to do this and ive been to, too many forums trying to find a way to solve my problem but i havent found anything (sorry for my sloppy...
  5. N

Legacy GM Test builds randomly freeze for no reason after updating to 1.4.9999

After updating to GM:S 1.4.9999 from 1.4.1773, all of my projects now freeze randomly when they are tested. Nothing appears in the compile log when said projects freeze, and I am forced to terminate the test build through task manager. Using the debugger does not work either, as it fails to...
  6. csanyk

Question - Uploading 1.4.9999 - Marketplace considerations

It looks like they've removed the Marketplace menu from 1.4.9999. I can't figure out how to build/publish a new Marketplace asset, or update an existing one. I can create an Extension, and if I right-click on the extension, I have a Create Marketplace Asset option. But when the Edit Asset...