• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Image editor tools

csanyk

Is there a way to bring color palettes and brushes in from one instance of the Image Editor to another? It's annoying when I create a new sprite and open it for editing that I have to re-do all these things. I'd like to have a common set of brushes and palettes globally accessible to all image resources in a project.

Some good way for organizing brushes and palettes that I find useful across multiple projects would also be useful.

Also, the Image Editor should remember my custom brushes! Losing them between sessions working on my project is bad :(

Last edited:

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
upload_2016-12-11_17-3-17.png

These are not "custom brushes", just the ones you used last. Custom brushes would require you to save the brush into a slot and have you manage them. But these are global slots and shared across every open image editor.

You can always save your brushes in a hidden layer....

csanyk

Ah, thanks for the tips/workarounds :)

I'll have to make use of the hidden layer trick. Maybe have a set of sprite assets that is just for use with the image editor, never part of the finished build... you've opened my mind!

Just wanted to add, to increase the chance of getting this feature back, I also really like the "color punch" tool. I think it was called "swap all pixels of matching colors" or something. I make sprites in GMS1 just to use that tool (and the image tools like glow and blur).

Just wanted to add, to increase the chance of getting this feature back, I also really like the "color punch" tool. I think it was called "swap all pixels of matching colors" or something. I make sprites in GMS1 just to use that tool (and the image tools like glow and blur).
You could also use any other pixel art program, for the record. They all have it, haha. Might be faster than opening up GMS, if you're just working on sprites.

S

sumofunk

Does anyone know if the animation tools are coming back? Like fade to color or disappear over X frames? My favorite was the ability to animate reverse. That made animating smooth and quick to add reverse in a simple click.