• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Your avatar

G

Gedor Games

There are so many fun, cute, interesting and weird avatars that people use so I am just curious on why people choose them, explain what it is, if they made them themselves or if they are taken from somewhere. I know there was another topic about avatars but that was more about commenting on other peoples avatars, this is about explaining your own.

So I guess I will start, my avatar is my company logo that my brother made for me. I think it looks nice and I thought it would make a good avatar since it is also my username here :)

pixeltroid

My avatar is a sprite I created for my game project. Its basically a solid barrier that blocks the path to certain areas. To remove it, the hero has to perform certain tasks, like killing specific enemies or destroying switches. It was also the first sprite I designed for my game.

Lukasmah

My twelve year old self thought idea turning a cute critter into a bloodthirsty monster was a good idea. So my 12 year old self made a 💩💩💩💩ty drawing of an armed penguin that was supposed to be a character in a game that never got made. Then I just kinda kept using various penguin avatars, most made by other people because I can't draw. I thought my avatar needed more communism, so I used Lenin until Kepons made me this nice communist penguin av.

C

ConsolCWBY

I read a book on how to make chibiis and this is the first result. I was quite surprised since my artistic skills are near zero. I'm quite proud of what I accomplished, actually.

Ninety

@Lukan
<3

Mine is Fone Bone from the comic book series Bone, by the generically named Jeff Smith. They were some of my favourites growing up and they mix comedy and dark fantasy really well. Plus, Fone is basically me except less white.

Lukan

Gay Wizard Freak
FONE BONE, I knew I recognized him... I haven't seen one of those graphic novels since I was like 14!
I only read the first one, but always wanted to get into it. It's been driving me cray for months that I couldn't remember what that was, cause I knew I had seen him before.

Ninety

FONE BONE, I knew I recognized him... I haven't seen one of those graphic novels since I was like 14!
I only read the first one, but always wanted to get into it. It's been driving me cray for months that I couldn't remember what that was, cause I knew I had seen him before.
You should read the rest. I haven't read them in a few years but they're a lot of fun and handle the transition into dark fantasy really well. Drawing is really nice as well.

V

vickyleeps

My avatar was actually picked by my daughter, i love white hats and the shape of my eyes are similar to my avatar..well at least my daughter seems to think so :)

RujiK

I wanted to draw an alluring lady for my avatar, but I made a homely lady by mistake. Good enough.

Also vickyleeps I know your husband, wikileaks.

Changgi

I wonder if I've already said this in the old GMC... But basically, Tangent has been my nickname and I wanted to register the GMC as that (my Yoyogames Sandbox name is that too) but Tangent was already taken, so I tried to come up with something more obscure so that no one would have used it. Being a fan of board games, I came up with either Korean chess (janggi/changgi) or Japanese chess (shôgi). Finally settled on the former, and my avatar is a Korean chess piece drawn by myself. I think I first drew it when I made instruction cards for the game when I was the president of the Board Games Club.

I had my profile picture on the old GMC as a changgi piece and my avatar as a variant shôgi piece. When the forum got hacked, our avatars became replaced by our profile pictures.

Ehsan

Pirates vs Clones
Mine, I think, wins the most weirdest(=incomprehensible) avatars. What is it? It's a the player from my game, in halloween theme. Still winning though...:p

W

Wraithious

Mine's a picture of my buisiness sign which I made myself out of a bar stool seat, chicken wire, a solar lawn light charger, a small shelf and ultraviolet lights from a haloween mask, florescent green paint, glow in the dark green paint and glitter black paint

S

SyntheticStorm9

Mine's a picture of my buisiness sign which I made myself out of a bar stool seat, chicken wire, a solar lawn light charger, a small shelf and ultraviolet lights from a haloween mask, florescent green paint, glow in the dark green paint and glitter black paint
that sounds realy complicated.

G

gamedev4life

This was one the first female characters that I drew that I thought actually looked like a girl and not a she-man. It's actually a detail of a topless mermaid on a rock in the sea. U can see the original image in my portfolio linked in my sig

K

Kahvana

Mine is Hatsune Miku, a vocaloid character designed by someone who was hired by crypton future media in 2007. I am a big fan of the songs composed with the software, and owned one of the limited edition media players (img here). It died sadly. But luckily with my little photo-shopping skills, I was able to take a photo of the logo on the back, and edited it to my liking!. It has been my default profile picture ever since.

G

gibberingmouther

well i have a high iq (based on two tests i took as a kid; runs in my family; my performance in school being in line with my iq score, and the SATs, etc) but i was <=5 points short of gifted education. i thought i was smarter than some of the "gifted" kids and i was always kind of at odds with the school system because of that. only the "gifted" children were encouraged to do stuff like speech club or debate team and i guess i felt butthurt and left out. :(

also i lost some of my friends because i didn't qualify and my sister picked on me

Zerb Games

Mine is a ZG which stands for Zerb Games (obviously), the circle used to be a star in reference to how my brother used to do his signature, however it was changed to a circle because I use that dot/circle in math to represent multiplication, and I liked the simplicity of it. The neon came from the fact that I love Japanese city scapes. Then later transitioned into something more out of Suicide Squad. The Red is for strength/blood, and purple is for creativity, sophistication, and it being a royal color.

Zerb comes from an old gamer group I had with my pals called ZeRoyalBros. We played Minecraft and stuff, and sorta developed the lore for our country Zerbtopia, and the logos colors arose.

S

SyntheticStorm9

Capture (2).GIF Being famouse has its disadvantages...
or was that a vacation?

K

Kaizer_White

Random pic on google when I searched hooded man.

I like hoods...

and Archers...

:)

sylvain_l

love the lfg.co comic
find that picture on their instagram page (so weird&funny, Richard's taking a selfie while doing flying man on a baby XD )

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
I originally made this drawing for a GMC Jam Hype Train where everyone would be represented by 96x96 images... and I didn't have anything that size, so I had to make something custom. I've more or less always had art of the same character, though... Sunshine. Long story short, she's the protagonist of my first really big project, which I made after getting inspired by Cave Story and wanting to do a similar game, and I've used her as my mascot ever since.