• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

What games do you like

F

fxokz

I love platformer games. I want to become the best game dev when it comes to platformers, mastering every aspect of a platformer, level design mechanics sfx & music. What about you guys? When it comes to game developing what type of game do you enjoy making? Top down? tower defense? turn based strategy?? what is it you love to make.

Jabbers

I like to play sandbox games where there is a creative or strategic element, or multiplayer sandbox games where you can freely interact with other players online. I've also been enjoying simple golf games, I've put a lot of time into Golf With Your Friends lately.

I like to work on sandbox games too, I've been working on one for a while now. I also enjoy making platformer style games, I like the design limitations of a flat side-scrolling world and I think it is fun to work with.

pixeltroid

I have a special love for platformer games - Metroidvanias to straightforward action platformers.
20 years ago, when I was a kid I used to draw "screenshots" of platformers that existed only in my imagination. And here I am today using Gamemaker to create a platformer I can call my OWN!

W

Wraithious

Rpgs like the star ocean series, final fantasy 7, Mostly because of the puzzles and intricate leveling systems that you have to choose wizely which skills to increase and when to increase them and what order to increase them when levelling up, + side quests and hidden areas

Mr Magnus

Viking King
I'm a kind of a mixed bag, I love a lot of games. Generally I play some RPGs, management games, 4x strategy is a favorite of mine (Civ6 hype!) and so on.

Currently my top played games are Civ5, Kerbal Space Program, Prison architect. I also love To The Moon albeit I don't play it often it's still my favorite game. I'm so far developing a real time puzzle-ish crowd management game so that should be fun

S

Sudo_Radish

I play games from most genres. Though I tend to gravitate more towards the sci-fi themed stuff.

G

GhostlyFeline

I really like making action platform games, but shmups are also really fun to work on. There's a lot of cool stuff you can do with both genres, and once the basics are up and running, it's so fun to test new systems.

In terms of just playing games, I also enjoy rhythm and fighting games. They're a lot harder to make though, sadly.

Y

Yacob

Games I like are retro, classics, etc. Anything upto 2005.
Since 2006 January, creativity took a dip.
I only like a select few of today's games, really. Even when it comes to indie games.
Most of the successful games on here look eerily similar, to be honest...
Hence I don't play many indies, especially not since I switched to here rather than RPGmaker.net.

A

AnonyMouse

RTS... and RTS... Then RTS... and maybe some arcade... Old-school orthographic 2d isometric RTS! The worst genre to start with when making a game...

V

vickyleeps

Retro and most recently Minecraft. I discovered that you could actually have a hosting system that provides users with the whole nine yards also known as a dedicated root server. My biggest problem was setting it up, but then i am thankful for the world wide web..i found this https://www.1and1.co.uk/digitalguid...p-a-minecraft-server-with-a-dedicated-server/ quite an easy explanation on how to do it. Thanks to it, i ended up not requiring any help from my husband!. Now thats what i call a double win :)

K

Kahvana

I really like first person shooters, but you often don;t like them for their story. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is my favorite one, because of its immersive environment and requires you to approach the game in a very different way than most people are used to. I recommend everyone to check it out :3. Besides S.T.A.L.K.E.R., I also like Hack-N-Slash games like Hyper Light Drifter, but only if they have an 16-bits artstyle. I also like those mech games, such as Titanfall 1, Front mission evolved and the armored core series (purely for the mechs and the customization!).

[EDIT] Nothing beats Touhou (touhou project / perfect cherry blossom).

M

MikeDark_x

I am just a fan of rpg games... from the common turn based RPG, to ARPGs, I'm just that kind of person... I enjoy platformer and metroidvania games but nothing beats the classic rpg game, my favorites are a list sort of dominated by classics, including Tales of Phantasia (and a few other games of the tales series), the Legend of Mana series (Sword of mana, child of mana, heroes of mana... etc) Final Fantasy, Summon Night Swordcraft story, the Megami Tensei series, Etrian Oddysey, Diablo 2, Breath of Fire 1&2, Disgaea, and a few others... ouch this got a bit big just mentioning the ones I could remember... wait one more that everyone knows, Chrono Trigger... now with some of the rpgs mentioned, I also enjoy some Hack n' Slash games like Monster Hunter and God eater (however not sure if those two should really fit there... let's just classify them as grindfests...) and fighting games, but yea most of my free time is spent on RPGs

11clock

Platformers, adventure games, and metroiddvanias (basically both in one). I play the occasional RPG as well, but due to my negative outlook on that genre I am rather hesitant about getting any of them. As a result I put a lot more research before buying an RPG. Some of my favorite games are RPGs, which is why I still look at the genre.

I almost completely avoid first person games.