Question - General Selling Exclusivity

Turgon

When publishing to the Yoyo Marketplace, is there any clause of selling exclusivity? I would hope that there isn't, but want to make sure.

E.g. can I sell an asset through the Marketplace, and in the asset description link to a separate way to buy the item at a discount (directly through PayPal, for example)? Or is there a clause in the publishing contract with Yoyo that prohibits this?

L

LukeLC

Have a look at the asset author terms and conditions. I know this is the type of stuff people normally skip over, but seriously, whenever money is involved...read it.

The short version: no, there's no exclusivity agreement (see article 8.1), but you can't, say, distribute an asset on YYG for free and then sell it elsewhere (4.2). Keep a consistent monetization model (as in, always free or always paid, not necessarily always equal cost) and you're good.

H

Huder

I have little different question.
I made an asset which looks like a tool for game designers. And i want publish a little modified version as an .exe for free on itchi.io but a paid source for GameMaker will be at MP.

Can i do this, what you think?

J

Jaqueta

I have little different question.
I made an asset which looks like a tool for game designers. And i want publish a little modified version as an .exe for free on itchi.io but a paid source for GameMaker will be at MP.

Can i do this, what you think?
As long as the itchi.io version is just a demonstration and not the Actual product, go ahead, or else the GMC members will think that you're taking advantage of them.
Also, make sure to link the demonstration on the MarketPlace. ;D

H

Huder

As long as the itchi.io version is just a demonstration and not the Actual product, go ahead, or else the GMC members will think that you're taking advantage of them.
Also, make sure to link the demonstration on the MarketPlace. ;D
Yes like @Jaqueta says, make sure you're up front about the different versions and explain the difference.
I don't want to cut any of the features or maybe i should? hmm
The difference is that exe can only export generated sprites while with script from MP you can generate ingame.
Im thinking about my "Procedural Sprite Generator" from signature.