• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

iOS compile error

H

hamid1855

Hello, I am trying to build my project in GMS:EA 1.99.493 for iOS but I receive this error message during compiling:

Code:
Check dependencies
Signing for "HalloweenSeriesDumbDeathsEarly" requires a development team. Select a development team in the project editor.
Code signing is required for product type 'Application' in SDK 'iOS 10.1'
After this, I go to my mac and see that the build is not showing up in the Archives window and I am unable to proceed any further in terms of publishing my game. I know how to set the development team in Xcode and have done it and am able to test my game on my ipod.

I have latest Xcode 8 and mac sierra. Is there a way to set GM:S so that development team is selected properly for compiling? Thanks.

H

hamid1855

Ok I updated my GM:S (normal, not early access) to 1.4.1763 and I put in my team ID. But now when I hit refresh to get the certificates, nothing shows up in the list and I am unable to select a certificate. I tried compiling anyway using Create Exectuable and it says "no iOS development certificate found". My certificates were working fine before, so I am not sure what to do next.

P

papadar

Hey i had the same issue!
i had to also set the signing & distribution options to 'automatic'
and lastly, xcode 8.1 needed a new provisioning profile,
i got this by signing into developer.apple.com & accepting the new eula, then checking profiles

H

hamid1855

Hey i had the same issue!
i had to also set the signing & distribution options to 'automatic'
and lastly, xcode 8.1 needed a new provisioning profile,
i got this by signing into developer.apple.com & accepting the new eula, then checking profiles
Did you set signing/distribution options in xcode or game maker?

P

papadar

sorry yep, manually in xcode each time i export from game maker..

H

hamid1855

so how do I archive in xcode so that i can submit my app to app store? thanks for the help.

H

hamid1855

nevermind, i found the Archive option in the menu and was able to submit my app.

J

JDSTIGER

Sorry for digging this up by I noticed I get this error on GMS but can continue just fine from xcode so I think it doesn't really harm anything.