#Time2MeetYourMaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GMLWaffle

Can the new GameMaker support Nintendo Switch?
I remember hearing something about them trying a while back to get a license for 3ds or something like that, however they couldn't come to an agreement.

Chances are, no. YoYo will probably not have any licensing agreement with Nintendo.

Micah_DS

I remember hearing something about them trying a while back to get a license for 3ds or something like that, however they couldn't come to an agreement.

Chances are, no. YoYo will probably not have any licensing agreement with Nintendo.
I'm not so sure the chances are as low as you say. It's pretty obvious that the Switch is a different story than previous Nintendo consoles and handhelds. With the Switch, they've reached out quite openly to 3rd party development and partnerships. Best just to wait and see though.

But anyway, the new GM is looking absolutely wonderful. After seeing the 4th teaser image, I think I might even go back to using tiles again.

P

ParodyKnaveBob

Fwiw, I also recall YYG saying they wanted N devving, but N clearly said no since he we are, yet if enough GM-using publishers voiced their desire to N, it might sway.

Albeit, again, that was for the current GM and the current N generation*.
(* not accounting for Switch not officially being a next-gen successor, but you get what I mean)

N

Ninjinister

Can someone provide a source on these non-starters with Nintendo consoles? This is the first I've heard of them and a cursory Google search brings nothing but rumor mill garbage.

Seems odd that YYG could find agreement with other consoles, and Nintendo found agreement with other engine developers, but the two couldn't do so together. My hypothesis was always that GM Studio wasn't prepared for the unique input devices of Nintendo's current platforms.

Coded Games

My hypothesis was always that GM Studio wasn't prepared for the unique input devices of Nintendo's current platforms.
Ya I wouldn't say that's it since GM already supports gamepad input, touchscreen, tilt, and I'm sure you could get everything from multiple displays, cameras and microphone input working with extensions and/or whatever API's Nintendo provides.

Can someone provide a source on these non-starters with Nintendo consoles? This is the first I've heard of them and a cursory Google search brings nothing but rumor mill garbage.

Seems odd that YYG could find agreement with other consoles, and Nintendo found agreement with other engine developers, but the two couldn't do so together. My hypothesis was always that GM Studio wasn't prepared for the unique input devices of Nintendo's current platforms.
Yup, have to agree. Really wish people would stop repeating these garbage "Nintendo didn't want GM" rumors. The last I heard, Yoyo wanted Nintendo to pay for the development of the export, and Nintendo didn't think it was worth their money. That doesn't mean Nintendo didn't want GMS on their console, and it definitely doesn't mean they won't want GMS2, which will probably be a big step up from GMS. I don't think we'll have Switch support at launch, from what I've been seeing, but hopefully soon, at least.

gnysek

If somebody will sponsor it, YYG will make Nintendo exporters ASAP. Otherwise, it's as mentioned above - Nintendo need to came with a partnership and offer something in return to make exporters. Probably YYG calculated, that cost of creating such exporter now is much higher than money they get from licenses of it, that's why they don't plan it (yet).

Coded Games

See that's another problem. GM's current pricing model does not encourage YYG to make more console exports. Console exports are only available with Master collection and anyone who already has master collection gets them for free. So YYG would only make money from this export by people who do not already own master collection buying it for the first time. Which I would bet to be very, very few people because the people who would actually use that export probably already own master collection.

Lukan

Gay Wizard Freak
HoloLens support should be in there since YoYo is partnered with Microsoft... I wonder how that'll be implemented.

Lukan

Gay Wizard Freak
Oh, I didn't know HoloLens fell in the Universal Windows Platform... Huh, cool. Now they just need to actually make the UWP export use the other platforms...

NazGhuL

NazTaiL
I hope there will be an official thread upon the launch of GMS2 or whatever the name it has. Not a discussion thread but a thread for questions an answers, because community has a LOT of questions about this product. It will be easier for everyone to ask questions and find answers. (I'm pretty sure there will be a full list of features....a long list, I hope)

N

NPT

See that's another problem. GM's current pricing model does not encourage YYG to make more console exports. Console exports are only available with Master collection and anyone who already has master collection gets them for free. So YYG would only make money from this export by people who do not already own master collection buying it for the first time. Which I would bet to be very, very few people because the people who would actually use that export probably already own master collection.
This is not true.

Console exports are NOT available to Master Collection owners. Console exports, both MS and Sony, are only availabe to registered developers.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
I hope there will be an official thread upon the launch of GMS2 or whatever the name it has. Not a discussion thread but a thread for questions an answers, because community has a LOT of questions about this product. It will be easier for everyone to ask questions and find answers. (I'm pretty sure there will be a full list of features....a long list, I hope)
One would assume that IF (and I stress IF) such a thing like the launch of GameMaker Studio 2 were to happen sometime in the possibly immediate future (but-I-don't-know-anything-really-at-all-honest-it's-true-I-am-a-mushroom) then we would have a forum dedicated solely to discussing features and issues/ideas and general feedback. If it were true. Which it may not be.

D

Deleted member 467

One would assume that IF (and I stress IF) such a thing like the launch of GameMaker Studio 2 were to happen sometime in the possibly immediate future (but-I-don't-know-anything-really-at-all-honest-it's-true-I-am-a-mushroom) then we would have a forum dedicated solely to discussing features and issues/ideas and general feedback. If it were true. Which it may not be.
I thought that's what this was.
We give you cool ideas based off of screenshots so you have ideas to make the real GMS2, and listen to cool suggestions we make and add those in, too.

Coded Games

This is not true.

Console exports are NOT available to Master Collection owners. Console exports, both MS and Sony, are only availabe to registered developers.
I actually didn't know that they were even available to Pro users. I could have swore it was just for master collection owners. Oh well, so that makes it so there is even less of a reason for YYG to make Nintendo exports.

XanthorXIII

Half Life 3 Confirmed!

lolslayer

Looks that YoYoGames already uploading some videos on their youtube channel with GMS2 features. They are hidden on playlists, so you can only access it by direct link, but however somebody forgot to check "private" checkbox for several minutes, and I saw one of this videos in my subscription playlist on youtube, so I'm sharing!

LOT OF SPOILERS THERE!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
Knew it was fake, but I still clicked it...

J

jackhigh24

Looks that YoYoGames already uploading some videos on their youtube channel with GMS2 features. They are hidden on playlists, so you can only access it by direct link, but however somebody forgot to check "private" checkbox for several minutes, and I saw one of this videos in my subscription playlist on youtube, so I'm sharing!

LOT OF SPOILERS THERE!!!

oh wow the graphics in gms2 look so real they should call it gms in the rick flesh

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
*sigh* Please make your fake stuff more obviously fake so it's easier to tell them apart when just skimming through the topic. I definitely lost more hype than I gained reading this page.

XanthorXIII

LOT OF SPOILERS THERE!!!

Listen here you little.... Ha! That was great. It's been ages.

A

Andy

LOT OF SPOILERS THERE!!!

... Darn it. :p

Gradius

LOT OF SPOILERS THERE!!!

I guess the hype train has brakes after all...

HAEGOE

LOT OF SPOILERS THERE!!!

WOW. simply wow.

kupo15

Well if they keep up with there release pattern we should be seeing something new tomorrow or Sat at 10am est..then continuing that would fall on Nov 1! Hope to see something new tomorrow

U

uelsimon

I'm beginning to feel that the time to meet my maker has...passed.

hippyman

I just acted like I didn't watch it. But I have to come clean...

Well if they keep up with there release pattern we should be seeing something new tomorrow or Sat at 10am est..then continuing that would fall on Nov 1! Hope to see something new tomorrow
Good observation. That would be super sick if they just straight up release it on November 1st.

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
It kinda feels like releasing it so soon would be too early, there'd be at least an announcement about what it would be, cost, and such in advance so people could allocate monies a while before release. Then again, if that happens on saturday... *keeps fingers crossed*

gnysek

That was better than Dadio topic on previous community. I would give myself an gold medal for this :D

Btw. I noticed, that YYG is giving new screenshot every 3-4 days, so we should get another one soon (weekend or Monday).

D

Deleted member 467

Dangit Noc you beat me to it! :p

This looks like it could be a room editor, but I am honestly not sure. If it is the new room editor, :O this looks nice

I can see layering, the ability to show or hide certain things that look like backgrounds, objects, and tiles.

Quick, we need 4 more posts to get post 666 in this topic!

gnysek

I wonder will it have some submenu on right click when there's several instances at same position overlapping, so you can choose which to select. I've proposed this in 2012 and it's still not in GM:S...

Also, are those layers, or just groups of instances?

btw. I was right with sceenshot :) next one around Thursday then! (and it will be already November!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.