• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Dragon Adventure Game - Super Dragon Dash

RyanC

Hi All, Just looking for some critique from my fellow developers on the GMC.

This is my new game that's being released in 2017 for PC Android & iOS.

I've knocked together a quick trailer video for you to get an idea of what the game looks like. Please feel free to Like, Subscribe and Comment on the video via YouTube as well.

This dragon adventure game combines proven addictive game play with a great adventure and story line, hundreds of worlds and thousands of levels, connected within a computer generated isometric labyrinth.

In Super Dragon Dash you travel between and conquer new and exciting worlds, hunt for treasures and bribe castle guards with gold to enter their fortresses, fight intelligent giant insects, huge powerful dinosaurs, monsters, orcs, and all kinds of creatures that are just waiting to make you their next meal or steal your treasure.

You start out as a little dragon flying around the game with only your health and good faith that you'l be able to find enough food and gold to support your journey to far away lands and escape the labyrinth with all your quests completed. You battle enemies for what ever treasures they possess to help get your dragon through the games and quests that are presented, as the labyrinth unfolds with it's strange but enticing magical and mysterious nature.

As a dragon flying through the game's enchanted lands there'l be times you'l need to take shelter, build camp fires to keep warm, recharge your energy and take cover from all kinds of creatures that roam the night looking for little vulnerable dragons to take advantage of in some way, be it stealing your treasures, potions, items, or worse... feasting on your entire existence!

Super Dragon Dash will feature strategic decision making, skill level upgrades, magical powers, hidden secrets, passages to far away lands, friends and foes that follow you around for better or for worse and much more. I'm really hoping Super Dragon Dash will be one of the most fun and exciting titles within the dragon flying games genre of 2017.

Here are the social media links for more info, screenshots and upcoming videos, Please Like, Subscribe, Follow, Tumble it, Rumble it, and do anything else to help promote the game and get feedback. I'm finding it really tough trying to develop the game and get it noticed at the same time, as you're all aware of what this takes, I'll be most grateful for all the help and support you can offer.

YouTube | Facebook | Twitter

G

Galladhan

Being a Panzer Dragoon fan, i'm always curious about games featuring flying dragons. So i checked the video, and i have to say that your game looks really gorgeous and polished, @RyanC.
Especially the level set in the cane field made me say: "wow!". Also the gameplay mechanics are interesting, with a mix of platform sections "à la Kirby" and isometric "dungeon crawler" (stealth?) ones. And the character design looks fresh and recherché. My compliments, very good job! :)

D

Dantevus

I'm loving the art style and the story. There was also tangible suspense at a few points in the gameplay video. Sorry, I have no critique to offer, just my admiration. Good show!

G

gamedev4life

no demo, really?! if not then make a demo post it here, game jolt, etc.! then get youtube personalities who are open to indie games to play your game.

also may want to try making game dev tutorials using your game's content.

also, try kickstarter! why not, right?

also, try getting greenlit on steam and go for early access later down the line when your demo is successful

dont give up, your getting close!

RyanC

no demo, really?! if not then make a demo post it here, game jolt, etc.! then get youtube personalities who are open to indie games to play your game.

also may want to try making game dev tutorials using your game's content.

also, try kickstarter! why not, right?

also, try getting greenlit on steam and go for early access later down the line when your demo is successful

dont give up, your getting close!
I don't know how to post a one hundred mb game demo as an exe online. The only way I could do this is by zipping the game into Dropbox and apparently they own the content you put in there. I'm not sure how I feel about releasing all the game assets online this way either.

I would love to run a Kick Starter campaign but I've seen what happens to games that are put on there from devs like me with no marketing reach, if you have no network and cannot market your campaign then it's a waste of time, it wont get funded becuase it wont have any exposure.

Steam sounds like a great idea though, I was wondering what the policy was, and if you should wait until it's green lit before releasing it on Google Play or not?

I don't know how to post a one hundred mb game demo as an exe online. The only way I could do this is by zipping the game into Dropbox and apparently they own the content you put in there. I'm not sure how I feel about releasing all the game assets online this way either.
"When you use our Services, you provide us with things like your files, content, email messages, contacts and so on ("Your Stuff"). Your Stuff is yours. These Terms don't give us any rights to Your Stuff except for the limited rights that enable us to offer the Services."
https://www.dropbox.com/privacy#terms