• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

GM:S FREE on USB

B

Brian Luo

Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to get the free version of GM:S on a USB (not pro).

Any help would be appreciated!

Cpaz

You can install it to a usb, but launching it will force it to update. GMS puts its assets in the appdata of a given user.
So, technically, no. Even moving the assets won't work. Again it searches specifically in appdata.

If I recall correctly from a previous similar question, running Studio from a USB stick or other portable media would technically be a violation of the EULA as well. I almost wanna say this came directly from Mike, but I could be wrong about that.

B

Brian Luo

I read that, but that was pertaining to a Professional version, not Free