• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Problem Importing 8.1 to Studio [solved]

A

Autumn Pingo

I've got a game that I need to use Studio features on, but when I imported it, and tried to hit Run, I got an error message: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
Here's the compile console:
Compile started: 12:46:12 PM
"C:\Users\McRee\AppData\Roaming\GameMaker-Studio\GMAssetCompiler.exe" /c /m=win /config="Default" /tgt=64 /obob=True /obpp=False /obru=True /obes=False /i=4 /cvm /tp=2048 /mv=1 /iv=0 /rv=0 /bv=1757 /gn="Wurp_World" /td="C:\Users\McRee\AppData\Local" /cd="C:\Users\McRee\Documents\GameMaker\Cache" /sh=True /dbgp="6502" /hip="25.13.212.92" /hprt="51268" /o="C:\Users\McRee\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_19504\gm_ttt_96622" "C:\Users\McRee\Documents\GameMaker\Projects\Wurp_World.gmx\Wurp_World.project.gmx"

Reading project file....finished.
Compile Constants...finished.
Remove DnD...finished.
Compile Scripts...finished.
Compile Objects...finished.
Compile Timelines...finished.
Compile Triggers...finished.
Compile Rooms...finished.
Compile Extensions...finished.
Final Compile...Error : gml_Object_obj_equipped_KeyPressed_8_1(1) : function "scr_equipweapon" expects 1 arguments, 5 provided
Error : gml_Object_obj_equipped_KeyPressed_7_1(1) : function "scr_equipweapon" expects 1 arguments, 5 provided
Error : gml_Object_obj_equipped_KeyPressed_6_1(1) : function "scr_equipweapon" expects 1 arguments, 5 provided
Error : gml_Object_obj_equipped_KeyPressed_5_1(1) : function "scr_equipweapon" expects 1 arguments, 5 provided
Error : gml_Object_obj_equipped_KeyPressed_4_1(1) : function "scr_equipweapon" expects 1 arguments, 5 provided
Error : gml_Object_obj_equipped_KeyPressed_3_1(1) : function "scr_equipweapon" expects 1 arguments, 5 provided
Error : gml_Object_obj_equipped_KeyPressed_2_1(1) : function "scr_equipweapon" expects 1 arguments, 5 provided
Error : gml_Object_obj_equipped_KeyPressed_1_1(1) : function "scr_equipweapon" expects 1 arguments, 5 provided
finished.
Saving IFF file... C:\Users\McRee\AppData\Local\gm_ttt_19504\gm_ttt_96622\Wurp_World.win
Writing Chunk... GEN8
Writing Chunk... OPTN
Writing Chunk... EXTN
Writing Chunk... SOND
Writing Chunk... AGRP
Writing Chunk... SPRT
Writing Chunk... BGND
Writing Chunk... PATH
Writing Chunk... SCPT
Writing Chunk... SHDR
Writing Chunk... FONT
Writing Chunk... TMLN
Writing Chunk... OBJT
Writing Chunk... ROOM
Writing Chunk... DAFL
Writing Chunk... TPAGE
Writing Chunk... CODE
Writing Chunk... VARI
Variable clipcount Location 180 UNKNOWN!!!
Variable clipcount Location 396 UNKNOWN!!!
Variable clipcount Location 612 UNKNOWN!!!
Variable clipcount Location 828 UNKNOWN!!!
Asset Compile finished: 12:46:28 PM
Compile finished: 12:46:28 PM

R

renex

It's literally telling you the issue.

Check where you call that script and provide the correct number of arguments, or switch it to use argument array.

All those zeroes count as inputs. As was said, you'll either have to switch to using the argument array for your scripts, or use a code block and write the script out yourself.

A

Autumn Pingo

Thanks, I've corrected the argument issue, but I'm still being stopped by the Variable Location unknown errors

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
Thanks, I've corrected the argument issue, but I'm still being stopped by the Variable Location unknown errors
Have you tried searching the project for uses of that variable? Is it ever written to?
Could also try clearing cache (the toolbar icon with a brush).

A

Autumn Pingo

I found the issue, finally. There was small piece of (duct taped, dumb, and out dated) code that gave "all" objects the variable clipcount. It worked fine in 8.1, but Studio didn't like it very much. Thanks!