• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM GMS Broken?

S

Sayu

Uhh so I've been working on a new little game. It has a lot of variables and stuff and everything so far had been working fine untill I messed with one line of code (not sure if that's the catalyst or not) but the game crashed immediately after opening and now game maker refuses to open any games anymore. When I hit the play button it opens it and closes after like 1-2 seconds of showing "Made in GMS"
I'm not really sure what to do but I've removed the line of code thinking it was the catalyst and it still does it...
I've tried previewing other games and they all work fine. It's only this one. Please help? :x
(going to bed since its 3 am but i will check in the morning)

D

Drewster

Uhh so I've been working on a new little game. It has a lot of variables and stuff and everything so far had been working fine untill I messed with one line of code (not sure if that's the catalyst or not) but the game crashed immediately after opening and now game maker refuses to open any games anymore. When I hit the play button it opens it and closes after like 1-2 seconds of showing "Made in GMS"
I'm not really sure what to do but I've removed the line of code thinking it was the catalyst and it still does it...
I've tried previewing other games and they all work fine. It's only this one. Please help? :x
(going to bed since its 3 am but i will check in the morning)
Nobody's responded to you yet because you haven't posted enough details -- for example, details of the line(s) of code you changed, perhaps build or run output log, etc..

Start with a new blank project. Create one sprite, assign it to one object, and place that in one room. Then run.

If it crashes, it's a problem with your installation (uninstall and reinstall GMS). If it doesn't, it's your game specifically (post platform and version details here along with maybe a project link or some code).

D

Dengar

what was the line of code that you removed?
was the code something you wrote or was it copied from a tutorial?