• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Android The vulnerabilities were fixed in libpng v1.0.66, v.1.2.56, v.1.4.19, v1.5.26 or higher

A

ajater

I am having a trouble updating my game, every time I try to update it google play reject the update and send this message:

We rejected your app, for violating our Malicious Behavior or User Data policy
This app uses software that contains security vulnerabilities for users or allows the collection of user data without proper disclosure.

Below is the list of issues and the corresponding APK versions that were detected in your recent submission. Please upgrade your app(s) as soon as possible and increment the version number of the upgraded APK.

Libpng library
The vulnerabilities were fixed in libpng v1.0.66, v.1.2.56, v.1.4.19, v1.5.26 or higher.

any help will be appreciated.

Bingdom

Googledom
You need to go to the beta channel of game maker, not the stable release.

Right click game maker updater icon -> beta channel.

rIKmAN

You need to go to the beta channel of game maker, not the stable release.

Right click game maker updater icon -> beta channel.
The stable channel is 1.4.1763, the libpng issue was apparently fixed in 1.4.1760.

Why would going to beta releases help?

makas

I had the same problem with as the other said, this was fixed in a recent update, just update gamemaker and rebuild your apk, I updated all my apps now and I dont have that problem anymore

Bingdom

Googledom
The stable channel is 1.4.1763, the libpng issue was apparently fixed in 1.4.1760.

Why would going to beta releases help?
I always thought for some reason there were 3 versions of game maker. (I thought I ticked beta a long time ago, so I thought 1.4.1763 was beta, 1.9 was early access)
Then I thought the previous version of beta would receive a micro update and be considered stable.

Now that I checked the updater I realised that the beta is the early access. ;)

rIKmAN

I always thought for some reason there were 3 versions of game maker. (I thought I ticked beta a long time ago, so I thought 1.4.1763 was beta, 1.9 was early access)
Then I thought the previous version of beta would receive a micro update and be considered stable.

Now that I checked the updater I realised that the beta is the early access. ;)
According to the release dates in the Community Tech Forum the EA is 2 months older than 1763 as well.

What version is the EA, has it been updated since 1.99.505?

The whole Beta/Stable/EA thing seems like a waste of time at the moment, just confuses everything - especially when the support documents for SDKs etc are still not updated weeks after release.

rIKmAN

Uninstall GameMaker and reinstall.
How is reinstalling GM going to affect Google rejecting his app?

He needs to update to a version of GM that includes the libpng fix, uninstalling and reinstalling the same version won't change anything.

RyanC

Is there anyway of running two versions of game maker on one computer with my same license code.
I need to update Game Maker to 1.4.1763 to remove the libpng error, as my projects are not building since adding the google expansion pack extension.

Last edited: