Game Mechanics [solved]dkc style following 2nd character

C

c3pu

I'm looking into adding a second character to my metroid-style game that would follow the first character and you can switch between the 2 on the fly similarly to classic donkey kong country games.

Edit: It seems to me like having the second character mimic the first one,on a slight delay, would work better than having it use path finding. As they would need to be very close to one another and be able to interact, similarly to how the prince and enrica interact in the cell shaded Prince Of Persia, to make combo actions possible.

But i have no idea how to achieve that mimic behavior.

EDIT 2: i found this thread;https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/how-do-i-create-a-follower.1468/
and the suggested code is incorporating nicely into my own.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 467

I don't know if I understand. Are you asking for suggestions in ways to go about this or help on this?

D

Deleted member 467

Why not have a delay and change the sprites of each object?

D

Deleted member 467

you mean a delay on input?
Kind of, like when you hit the button trigger an alarm that changes the sprites of NPC and you. This might not be exactly what you are looking for but it's a start, maybe.

C

c3pu

Kind of, like when you hit the button trigger an alarm that changes the sprites of NPC and you. This might not be exactly what you are looking for but it's a start, maybe.
that could actually work

EDIT: nope that didn't work the action code is to complex :-(

Last edited by a moderator: