• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

injecting into info.Plist?

D

Drewster

Hello everyone!

I'm working on an iOS extension where I need to add lines to info.plist. This is simple enough to do by editing the project in Xcode before publishing, but I'm looking for a way to do this automatically -- something like having the ability to inject lines into info.plist, perhaps similar to how we can inject things in AndroidManifest.xml.

Thoughts?

D

Drewster

I've got a workaround on this for now. I'm assuming this would have to be re-done when I update GMS again, but I was able to edit this file and have the resulting changes appear in my Xcode project:

Code:
%appdata%\Roaming\GameMaker-Studio\YYC\iOS\TemplateProject\${YYXCodeProjName}\Supporting Files\${YYXCodeProjName}-Info.plist

D

Drewster

Is there a better solution to this?

I've got a workaround on this for now. I'm assuming this would have to be re-done when I update GMS again, but I was able to edit this file and have the resulting changes appear in my Xcode project:

Code:
%appdata%\Roaming\GameMaker-Studio\YYC\iOS\TemplateProject\${YYXCodeProjName}\Supporting Files\${YYXCodeProjName}-Info.plist

clee2005

@Drewster thanks so much for posting this solution. I modified mine and it works great! Only I'm not using YYC iOS, and so the .plist is in the interpreted folder instead.

%AppData%\Roaming\GameMaker-Studio\Interpreted\iOS\TemplateProject\${YYXCodeProjName}\Supporting Files

ADD :
<key>NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription</key>
<string>Used to capture in game screenshots</string>
<key>NSCalendarsUsageDescription</key>
<string>Used to access your device's calendar for a better game experience</string>

D

Drewster

For what it's worth, the latest GMS versions include an option to inject stuff into the info.plist for extensions. With 1.4.1763 I still needed to do the NSCalendarsUsageDescription, but not the NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription one.

EDIT: I read on stackoverflow that the AdMob SDK causes this, though I saw a note in a google forum that the latest AdMob version eliminates this issue.

EDIT2: @ShaunJS perhaps you can pass this along to get it updated? I downloaded the latest google whatever extensions but the requirement didn't disappear.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zixtix

Can confirm what @Drewster said about NSCalendarsUsageDescription. @ShaunJS I have been using the latest GooglePlayServiceExtension and I still have to manually inject NSCalendarsUsageDescription and NSBluetoothPeripheralUsageDescription into the info.plist or do it from XCode's Info tab with games built from GMS Version 1.4.1763.

D

Drewster

Can confirm what @Drewster said about NSCalendarsUsageDescription. @ShaunJS I have been using the latest GooglePlayServiceExtension and I still have to manually inject NSCalendarsUsageDescription and NSBluetoothPeripheralUsageDescription into the info.plist or do it from XCode's Info tab with games built from GMS Version 1.4.1763.
Hi Zixtix,

For what it's worth, I'm using HeyZap to mediate AdMob and others. Their latest SDK drops the requirement for these, but I think maybe it was AdColony still needs NSCalendarUsageDescription.