Faster Saving

P

Planarwalk

Howdy. My game is starting to become quite large and the rooms take the longest time to save out of all of the assets. So I'm wondering if there is a way to only change the assets that have had any changes made to them when saving the game rather than all of them.

Other ways to reduce save time will be greatly appreciated, Cheers.

P

Planarwalk

I have all my projects in a dedicated folder for github on my SSD. Couldn't live without it now :)
Unfortunately I can't put an ssd in my laptop, but I am looking at getting a new computer which I'd get an SSD for

C

c3pu

might seem dumb but do you have auto backup activated? if yes try turning it off it made saving 3x faster for me and i make my own backup anyway so it was completely useless.

P

Planarwalk

might seem dumb but do you have auto backup activated? if yes try turning it off it made saving 3x faster for me and i make my own backup anyway so it was completely useless.
I do have it activated, but I might turn it off and regularly make copies of all my work so I don't constantly spend half my time on waiting for my game to save

C

c3pu

I do have it activated, but I might turn it off and regularly make copies of all my work so I don't constantly spend half my time on waiting for my game to save
my tought exactly better make one backup a every day or every other day of your entire work than making backups of every build every five minutes.

Mick

The file sizes for the rooms can grow a lot for larger rooms, at some point it becomes unbearable to save. I'm using Tiled to create bigger levels and saving them as binary files. One problem with the room editor currently is that all tile info etc. stored as uncompressed xml data, hopefully this will change in the new GM.