• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

iOS Problem with compiling to iOS since the recent xcode update

U

Undead Hero

Hey guys. This isn't much of a programming issue, and I don't know how many people work with iOS here, but I'm having trouble finding any help on this. Has anyone had any issues with provisioning since the recent xcode update? I tried creating an application and pushing to xcode, and it's telling me that it can't find my provisioning profile. None of that stuff had changed and it worked before the update. I even went through everything with a fine tooth comb, created new provisions and certificates, and I'm still getting the same errors. Did they change something in how this works, or does GameMaker need an update? Just seeing if anyone is in the same boat as me.

U

Undead Hero

I'm using GMS 1.4. It worked just fine before the most recent xcode update.

rIKmAN

1.4.what? 1757, 1760, 1763 etc?
Are you on Windows 7, 8, 10, using it via Parallels on a Mac etc?

If you are using 1763 there is a new TeamID field in the iOS settings that might need filling in.
What happens when you try to get the certificates from your Mac in the GM settings?

U

Undead Hero

Ah, I see that now. What goes in the Team Identifier box?

Oddly enough, when I refresh from Mac nothing shows up now... It had my Developer and Distribution certificates in there yesterday. Any idea what's causing that? I'll have to dig in deeper tomorrow.

rIKmAN

Is the connection to you your Mac working OK?

If you've put an IP address in for the Mac (in GM settings) and it's using a dynamic IP it's possible the IP given by your router has changed, and so your connection isn't working anymore. Test it and let us know.

U

Undead Hero

Alright... two things, I guess.

The connection is OK. But when I hit refresh from Mac, even though it seems to go fine, the drop down doesn't get populated anymore. Oddly, my certificates were showing up when I made this thread. I did notice this in the CompileForm:
security: SecKeychainUnlock <NULL>: The user name or passphrase you entered is not correct.
Not sure if that's related, because I was getting that error before too, but I don't know how to fix that.

Secondly, I'm pretty sure the Team Identifier field was my problem, because in xcode when I would create the application it would switch my team to "Unknown Team." However, I don't know what to put in that Team ID box... In xcode, my team is my name with a space in the middle, but GameMaker doesn't let me use spaces in that field. Trying without the space doesn't work, although it did show up in xcode in the team field as "Unknown Name (MYNAME)." What's supposed to go in there?

rIKmAN

Alright... two things, I guess.

The connection is OK. But when I hit refresh from Mac, even though it seems to go fine, the drop down doesn't get populated anymore. Oddly, my certificates were showing up when I made this thread. I did notice this in the CompileForm:
security: SecKeychainUnlock <NULL>: The user name or passphrase you entered is not correct.
Not sure if that's related, because I was getting that error before too, but I don't know how to fix that.

Secondly, I'm pretty sure the Team Identifier field was my problem, because in xcode when I would create the application it would switch my team to "Unknown Team." However, I don't know what to put in that Team ID box... In xcode, my team is my name with a space in the middle, but GameMaker doesn't let me use spaces in that field. Trying without the space doesn't work, although it did show up in xcode in the team field as "Unknown Name (MYNAME)." What's supposed to go in there?
Your team ID won't be your name, it's auto generated when you create your developer account.
Login to the Apple Dev Portal and go to Memberships, your TeamID is shown in there.

bsabiston

I've had a lot of trouble with the latest Xcode and GameMaker. It won't run anymore using the green triangle and YoYo Runner. And compile doesn't succeed if I use "Create Application". However, if I switch over to Xcode and set my Team ID in the Xcode project, then I can compile and run from there.

U

Undead Hero

Whew, thanks both of you. Glad to hear it's actually an xcode problem like I thought it might be. I've got my Team ID set up properly in GameMaker now, and I can finish compiling in xcode directly. It's a pain in the ass, but dealing with xcode always is.

Thanks again.

H

hamid1855

my certificates arent showing up when I hit refresh and I have put in my correct team ID and I am also able to connect to my mac through correct username/password. I tried compiling anyways and I got the message saying that there are no developer certificates associated with my team ID. My certificates are working fine in xcode but they arent working in game maker. Any help is appreciated!

U

Undead Hero

Yeah, that's exactly what happened to me. How does xcode look after you compile? Before I fixed the team ID issue it would switch the team to "Unknown," but after fixing that it showed up fine. If everything is set up correctly, even though GameMaker gives a compiler error about your certificates, you can go into xcode and hit export to create the ipa from there.

H

hamid1855

Yeah I managed to get it working. I actually got a permissions warning message that stopped me from submitting my game for review on the app store. For some reason, when I compiled my games, the plist info was missing bluetooth and calendar so I had to add those manually in xcode. After that, I just tested my game normally on my ipod and then built an archive directly in xcode and submitted from there. Admob and Adcolony are also working flawlessly, so now's a good time to submit all of your apps to app store.

Underground

Yeah I managed to get it working. I actually got a permissions warning message that stopped me from submitting my game for review on the app store. For some reason, when I compiled my games, the plist info was missing bluetooth and calendar so I had to add those manually in xcode. After that, I just tested my game normally on my ipod and then built an archive directly in xcode and submitted from there. Admob and Adcolony are also working flawlessly, so now's a good time to submit all of your apps to app store.
Hi.
Please, could you tell me what values are needed to put on the info.plist in order to solve this issue?
Thanks

H

hamid1855

Hi.
Please, could you tell me what values are needed to put on the info.plist in order to solve this issue?
Thanks
Bluetooth and calendar which you can find by clicking on the list when you click the + button