• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

[Solved]Problems with "Coding Breakout" tutorial page 8

U

Uhfgood

So as someone else mentioned (and didn't get a reply to).

Basically what happens is you lose a ball, and then as soon as the ball's position is restored it immediately begins moving upward even though it's not supposed to be moving at all, until you move it.

I'll upload the current project here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32895233/Coding_BreakOut1.gmz

Keep in mind I am following the tutorial.

U

Uhfgood

OKay well after a little messing around I find out that placing the ball in at bat.y - 28 is into the paddle which means it was receiving a collision event automatically. It should only be able to collide if the ball is in play.

U

Uhfgood

After a little bit more digging, found out the ball was colliding with the paddle because of where I was positioning it when you lost a ball. So instead I had it set back to it's start position and all is good.