• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Free Purgatory

MeSako

I small game I made.
Now I want opinions on it.. .. .. please :)

http://henric.melin.co/games/games.html

Can you escape your purgatory, or will you be stuck for ever?

This is a small platformer where you solve puzzles in order to escape.
It is so small that if you know what you shall do, you can complete it in about 2.5 minutes..

Opinions and critizism are very welcome :)

Changes have been made!!

-----CHANGE LOG-----

v 0.2
1. Wind have been changed..
2. The Maze have had a complete overhaul!
3. There is a light effect creating a better mood for the game.
4. The pop up texts have been improved and re-writen. (if it is better is for you to decide!)
5. Some slight changes to the overall layout of the level.

v 1.0
1. Clues have been placed on the lamps around the door.
2. Pop up texts have been slightly changed.
3. One of the puzzles are now little bit easier to find.
4. Stars have been added where there where none.
5. Added Torches throughout the game.
6. Some slight changes to the overall layout of the level... again.

Last edited:

MeSako

I would really appreciate some opinions on this..
Any kind of critique are welcome.

Last edited:
S

SyntheticStorm9

okay I do Not mean to discourage you or be rude in any way, but here is a list and of some improvments you could do and some encouregment.

1.the wind does not look exactly like wind
2.and itwould be helpfull to add the sound of the wind when the words appear that say can't run
3. the music is good, but as it plays over and over and over it gets... well, repetitive
4. when you had your maze it would be so much easier if you had platforms you could stand on instead of jumping fom one ledge to the next
5.the words that appear after you perform an action are bland and would look better if they were polished
6. good job with the sounds
7. smart with the bouncing on the slime
8. if you change the controls to ASD and W it would be easier for pc gamers

good job! keep it up!

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SyntheticStorm9

Also I bet if you named it something other than purgatory more people would look at it.
And a screenshot of the menu/starting part would make it more apealing.

MeSako

1. Yeah, I was thinking about doing something about that, just have to figure out how though.. .. thing is.. wind doesn't really look like anything.. ..
2. The wind sound does start there.. but it is faded, so maybe it is to low there.
3. Well.. hard to do anything about that, since I cant do sounds, so I got it from a free sounds website.. But I did think about having different bg sounds for different parts of the game..
4. I didn't thing that would be necessary. As there are never any need to jump from ledge to ledge. But I might do some changes to fix the more annoying jumps (even though they just lead to dead ends).
5. Agree..
6. Thanx.
7. Thanx again :D
8. Really? I'm a PC player myself, but when playing games with only keyboard, I prefer doing movement with the arrow keys.. but I could make it so it is playable with both..
9. Why would the title matter? It is a game where you are stuck in a kind of purgatory.. the words that pop up is supposed to kind of reflect that the player character did something bad in life..

Thanx alot for the feed back! :D

MeSako

Update 1.0
No more updates will come, as I feel this is complete now..

Last edited: