• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

HTML5 HTML repeated error freezes the game

S

Stranger-Games

Hi,

I have a game that used to work fine in html. I did some optimizations through audio groups and re-built the html application.
Once I run it, it keeps give an error after loading that freezes the game and keep a black screen.
The error is shown in the image attached.

The error is not always the same, this time it is
ReferenceError: _we is not defined
But sometimes it's _vd, or any other meaningless two letters after an underscore.

Thanks for advance.

Attachments

S

SyntheticStorm9

look for the key words (in this case "we") in the error and search for them in your game
see if they are untied

S

Stranger-Games

F

FluencyGames

A majority of the times that error is in reference to a sprite/image that cannot be found. That error can occur even if you have 'removed' objects/sprites from the game.
I also have found in v1760+ that the built-in effect_* functions are broken under HTML, as well as some of the built-in physics functions.

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
If you run in debug mode, game script names are not minified, meaning that you can usually see where the trouble originates from in exception stack.

S

Stranger-Games

If you run in debug mode, game script names are not minified, meaning that you can usually see where the trouble originates from in exception stack.
Thanks man!!
Running through the debug mode, the browser console printed that google mobile ads related function is not working. I forgot I added a code for android ads, which was causing the problem for html.
I have placed that code in a condition block that I am running on android or ios and things are prefect now.

Thank you very much!