• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

App got rejected on iOS because - all apps must support IPv6

E

eyal

Now, this is something new.
The app is free with inapp - What can be done ?

rIKmAN

What version fo GM are you using?

The release notes say IPv6 was fixed in v1.4.1760

• iOS
    • Fixed Facebook SDK not getting unzipped when your project name had spaces in it and causing a build error
    • Fixed extension linker flags not being passed on to the Xcode project
    • Fixed launchscreen xib name preventing AppStore submission when deploy target is "8.0"
    • Fixed IPv6 internet connection check to comply with Apple's submission guidelines
    • Added 4096x4096 as an available texture page size in GGS

N

Ninjinister

Gotta admit it took me way longer than it should have to realize what IPv6 meant. For some reason my brain automatically thought "iPhone version 6"... heh.

J

JDSTIGER

Gotta admit it took me way longer than it should have to realize what IPv6 meant. For some reason my brain automatically thought "iPhone version 6"... heh.
It's
I: Internet
P: Protocol
V: Version
6: The version

E

eyal

I have upgraded to the latest version following this and still this is the new error that i got -

2. 1 PERFORMANCE: APP COMPLETENESS
Thank you for your resubmission.

Upon further review we have found an additional issue that prevents us from testing the IAP. Please see below for more information.

Performance - 2.1

Your app crashes on iPad and iPhone running iOS 10.0.3 connected to an IPv6 network when we:

- Launch the app
- Tap on the parental gate and enter the right answer
- Tap on parental gate again and enter the right answer
- In-app purchase option does not show up
- App crashes (not always in the same order of tapping)

N

Ninjinister

It's
I: Internet
P: Protocol
V: Version
6: The version
yeah I realized that after my brain kicked into gear. I don't think of IPv6 in that way when it comes to game dev... just work stuff..
Guess it's a defense mechanism. No work logic at home!

E

eyal

yeah I realized that after my brain kicked into gear. I don't think of IPv6 in that way when it comes to game dev... just work stuff..
Guess it's a defense mechanism. No work logic at home!
What do u mean ? do u have any solution ?

MudbuG

I agree that it is scary. I invested early when the Master Collection was first introduced. I am not confident enough in the reliability of GM to count on it for updating IOS games. I only briefly tried Android export, so I don't know what problems may exist there.
I would love to have the kind of confidence in GM that I now have in App Game Kit (knock on wood). AGK makes IOS app exporting seem like child's play compared to GM. I would really love to use GM for my IOS development. I am still waiting for the day that IOS is easy and reliable with GM.

Until reliability is improved and GM gets my confidence back, I do not plan to purchase future GM products.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
The IPv6 incompatibility could also come from IAP or advertising extensions, in which case it wouldn't be the runner's fault.

Were there any updates to it, and have you applied them? Make sure to back up your project before updating, though.

D

Drewster

I have upgraded to the latest version following this and still this is the new error that i got -
Your app crashes on iPad and iPhone running iOS 10.0.3 connected to an IPv6 network when we:

- Launch the app
- Tap on the parental gate and enter the right answer
- Tap on parental gate again and enter the right answer
- In-app purchase option does not show up
- App crashes (not always in the same order of tapping)
Here they told you how to reproduce the error. Do some testing like this using a sandbox user, which you set up in itunes connect. Don't set any sandbox settings in GMS -- just use the sandbox username and password when testing.

this is all very worrying... iOS has been unstable for ever
I agree that it is scary. I invested early when the Master Collection was first introduced. I am not confident enough in the reliability of GM to count on it for updating IOS games. I only briefly tried Android export, so I don't know what problems may exist there.
iOS export has been working well in the latest builds. I submitted an iOS app update, which includes IAP and advertising, a couple weeks ago without issue. Eyal what version are you running? And are you building YYC or non-yyc? Post some log output from when you test the IAP yourself.

EDIT: Just looking into it.. your rejection post was about a week or so after my accepted build. Perhaps this is a new thing?

Last edited by a moderator:
A

ArendPeter

Was this ever resolved for anyone?
I exported using v1.4.1763 and I'm getting the ipv6 error

T

Tamakun23

I've just received the same error from iTunes Connect -- I've asked them to confirm that they can purchase my IAP using IPv4 to confirm that it's not just my code. I'll be doing some more testing later (I don't know if I have an IPv6 router at home so it may be hard to debug!)

rIKmAN

I've just received the same error from iTunes Connect -- I've asked them to confirm that they can purchase my IAP using IPv4 to confirm that it's not just my code. I'll be doing some more testing later (I don't know if I have an IPv6 router at home so it may be hard to debug!)
What version of GMS are you using?
If it's anything later that 1757 then you should file a bug.

T

Tamakun23

What version of GMS are you using?
If it's anything later that 1757 then you should file a bug.
I always keep my version up to date -- Once I do some testing, I'll file a bug report if I find anything out of the ordinary. Thanks :)