• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

(solved) android build failed ... has anyone got a working setup for 1763?

Pushloop

Hi, after updating the SDK manager and the new Google extensions, exporting to android fails. Tried all kinds of setups with different build tools, etc. but nothing works. I even don't get a lint build report anymore. All worked fine before the updates...

Pushloop

ok, answering my own question :), what seems to be working now : build tools 24.0.2, support lib 23.2.1 target sdk 23, min sdk 9, compile sdk 23.

BUT, the google extensions are crashing as soon as i add them.

R

RealityShifter

Having the same issue, at a loss of what I could do. This is me just letting off steam, but it don't think it's too much to ask for yoyo to document the changes that need to be made for android to work again when they update. They break Android every update and we all are stuck troubleshooting this 💩💩💩💩.

R

RealityShifter

Didn't help Audrey.

I've updated my APK and have setting setup according to this, but still errors out.
http://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/216753748-SDK-Version-Support

I noticed yoyo lists
  • Stable: 1.7 (32 Bit only)
  • Beta/Early Access: 1.8 "8u102" (32/64 Bit depends on your OS)
but neither of these versions are available from Oracle anymore. Is this a problem?

Code:
FAILED

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':com.companyname.fwf-rebirth:processReleaseResources'.
> com.android.ide.common.process.ProcessException: org.gradle.process.internal.ExecException: Process 'command 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\build-tools\24.0.3\aapt.exe'' finished with non-zero exit value 1

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 6.939 secs
cmd /c "subst /d Z:"

FastCreate End End: 8:22:20 AM
Compile finished: 8:22:20 AM

Andrey

My configuration (1.4.1763):

android-ndk-r12b
dk1.8.0_102

Build Tools: 24
Support Lib: 23.2.1

T.SDK: 23
M.SDK: 9
C.SDK: 23

Publish full report Compile tab.

R

RealityShifter

Okay code golden rule, if the bug isn't anything possible then the bug is a typo. Apparently hyphens have been depreciated. I removed the "-" from my package name and it built. Thanks Andry for your help.

Pushloop

still no luck. the problem is with the extensions. Without them exporting works fine. I dont get why the injected gradle of googleplayservicesextension looks like this :

compile 'com.google.android.gms:play-services-games:9.6.1'
compile 'com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads:9.6.1'
compile 'com.google.android.gms:play-services-plus:9.6.1'
compile 'com.google.android.gms:play-services-gcm:9.6.1'

In the compile window, the error is about not being able to find those services. What do i have to add, and where ?

T

Tamakun23

Is there a chance that the Google Play Services Extension in your Game Maker setup is out of date? (Visit "Marketplace Beta" --> "My Library" and see if it has an update)

DanMunchie

compile 'com.google.android.gms:play-services-games:9.6.1'
compile 'com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads:9.6.1'
compile 'com.google.android.gms:play-services-plus:9.6.1'
compile 'com.google.android.gms:play-services-gcm:9.6.1'
The previous version (2.4.0) of the extension had the .jar saved within the extension. Now GameMaker wants to grab it from the Android SDKs.

I also had this issue after updating to Google Play Services extension 2.5.0, not 100% sure which SDK update solved it, but I updated everything and added everything under Extras and Tools just to be sure. I also updated the SDK/NDK/JDK as above from @Andrey .

This error has gone, so the .jar is found, but now the Google Analytics extension isn't working (there must be some conflict).

I tried the gradle inject mentioned at - https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/google-analytics-extension.867/
compile 'com.google.android.gms:play-services:5.+'
but this threw a "multiple libraries found" error.

Anyone have any solutions to this? Why would the Google Play Services extension be causing the Google Analytics extension to fail now?

DanMunchie

On further research - it looks like the Analytics libraries are now part of google play services. I suppose using the new play services jar has caused a conflict. Still no idea how to get the Analytics extension to use the correct library though.

Are we also due for an Analytics extension update? Should this not have been released simultaneously with Google Play Services extension update? Has anyone heard anything from YoYo? I probably sound like a crazy person by now but this has been driving me nuts.

Andrey

On further research - it looks like the Analytics libraries are now part of google play services. I suppose using the new play services jar has caused a conflict. Still no idea how to get the Analytics extension to use the correct library though.

Are we also due for an Analytics extension update? Should this not have been released simultaneously with Google Play Services extension update? Has anyone heard anything from YoYo? I probably sound like a crazy person by now but this has been driving me nuts.
Analytics module do not work for me. I think we should wait for the update module from the YoYo, because it is from 1760 and GooglePlayService - module from 1763.

DanMunchie

I suppose. They shouldn't have released an update for one which disables the other. Especially with no method to roll back to 2.4.0 without modifying files directly (which crashes my GM half the time).

C

Chris Goodwin

FYI: I had this issue and what did it for me was to delete my extensions (Heyzap, Share, GooglePlay, Google Analytics) > re-download (From Marketplace Beta > My Library) > add the extensions back into my project.
I also did it in EA 1.99.525
Hope this can save some people some hair from being pulled out ;)