• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

ADS not showing up

Morseton

Hello, I'm trying to get android to show google ads..
The banner ID is correct.
When I build the game and run it on an android device, nothing happens. I checked the console log, and it says
Code:
I/Ads     (11196): Please set theme of AdActivity to @android:style/Theme.Translucent to enable transparent background interstitial ad.
I/Ads     (11196): No fill from ad server.
I/Ads     (11196): Scheduling ad refresh 50000 milliseconds from now.
W/Ads     (11196): Failed to load ad: 3
I/yoyo    (11196): Banner Ad onAdFailedToLoad
I/yoyo    (11196): Banner failed to load!
Does anyone know what's wrong?

D

Drewster

Does it EVENTUALLY load or does it keep failing? It says no fill in your printout -- sometimes it takes a bit.

Andrey

Hello!
1. If the account admob just created, you will need some time to display banners.
2. For your games simply do not have the banner.
3. The game for kids (Google Play appropriated category) and advertisers simply do not have.

J

JDSTIGER

Hello!
1. If the account admob just created, you will need some time to display banners.
2. For your games simply do not have the banner.
3. The game for kids (Google Play appropriated category) and advertisers simply do not have.
Sorry but I have no idea what you said..

No fill from ad server means that admob didn't have an ad to serve you for whatever reason, this isn't a technical issue with your implementation.

You may want to enable test ads and set your device as a test device and then you should see the test ad display successfully.

J

JDSTIGER

No fill from ad server means that admob didn't have an ad to serve you for whatever reason, this isn't a technical issue with your implementation.

You may want to enable test ads and set your device as a test device and then you should see the test ad display successfully.
I get "There was a problem getting an ad response" and I'm using test ads.
Code:
GoogleMobileAds_UseTestAds(true, "thenumberishere");
EDIT: (NVM IM STUPID)

J

JDSTIGER

What was the problem, for people who might have the same issue in future?
I didn't have Internet Connection, my phone was disconnected so I didn't have data but I forgot I also turned off wifi..