• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

FPS Slowly Dropping (Windows 10 Issue?)

S

Spliffurt

I've recently been experiencing harsh, persistent drops in GameMaker game performances (happens to all my games). It usually starts off at 60 fps, then slowly dives down to around 8/15. I know for a fact it has nothing to do with the game's coding, but rather possibly an issue with how Windows 10 processes applications. When I first built my system I haven't ran into the issue until (If I remember correctly) Windows 10 installed one of it's updates.

Manually opening GameMaker as an administrator seemed to sometimes correct the issue, though as of now it no longer makes a difference. Creating a stand alone also seems to fix the problem most of the time. I've tried tweeking GameMaker's process priority in the Task Manager, same problem persists.

At this point I have no idea what else to do but reinstall Windows.

I'm currently using version 8.1, if that makes any difference.

S

Spliffurt

Because I've played my games before on a worse computer.