Legacy GM [solved] how to use "if place_empty" ?

U

Uberpink

i have some falling blocks..they fall 32 pixels at a time with a half sec between..... i check underneath them, using if place_empty(self.x,self.y+32..... -if place empty they should continue popping downwards

problem is, i have some object that moves under them now and then, and i want the falling blocks to think that place is empty, ignoring that special object, as if place was empty.... that possible?

Last edited by a moderator:
U

Uberpink

its solved, but one last question.... particle effects... will those affect the place free, place_meeting checks etc in any way?

Roderick

its solved, but one last question.... particle effects... will those affect the place free, place_meeting checks etc in any way?
They will definitely NOT affect place_meeting, because place_meeting checks for a collision with a specific object, and particles aren't objects.

By my understanding, place_free works with collision masks, and particles don't have one, so they shouldn't interact with it either.

Bingdom

Googledom
Particles are more of a set and forget type system. It's designed to run smoother than creating a bunch of instances.

As far as I know, particles cannot interact. (I might be wrong on this).