#Time2MeetYourMaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

kupo15

@Lonewolff I was addressing the people saying stuff like this:
For the record, I am Ok with getting something much better than what we have, just Would suck to have to transport my massive project over manually. I also really like the workflow we have now for the most part so mode based programming wouldn't thrill me

R

roytheshort

Couldn't you just buy subscription on a one off to make the executable if you wanted no watermark?

Maybe I should elaborate, someone could make a full game in the lite version (if there is one? I'm not exactly sure) then have one payment of subscription to make the changes they want. I'm a little out the loop here as to whether this would be intended from YYG or not.

JacPete

Dang i need it, I NEEEEEEED IT. its so dammned SHINY. i ... hate WAITIING. Whatever its going to be, its going to be great.

Alice

Darts addict
Forum Staff
Guys, I'm kinda out of the loop here. Was there any new #Time2MeetYourMaker screenshot I missed showing payment table or anything?

I mean, it's not like you are discussing now subscription model without any reasonable basis for that, now are you?

(really, though, for the discussion about subscription model to become so advanced that workarounds are being found while there's been no indication implying this model will be used in the first place!)

P

ParodyKnaveBob

Anyone else thinking that they're going to rename the new studio from GM:Next to GM:Switch to match Nintendo's naming scheme?
Lol!

Oh, but just in case you're serious and would like real replies: I don't believe so at this point. They were code-naming this "GM: Next" before the WiiU even happened, let alone "Nintendo NX." I'm just sure that a YYG employee said (just this year?) that this would not merely be called "GM: Studio 2," but between the flood of "Not in 1.x timeframe" Mantis resolutions and all this teaser marketing with "2" (including @Mike pondering on Twitter some days ago why all these squirrels come in 2s ~wink~), I'm inclined to believe it'll still be called GM: Studio 2.x after all.

I could be wrong, and no big deal if "GMS2" is even kind of code-namey at this point, but the fact that @Nocturne attached that video to the abbreviation "GMS2" on Twitter the other day (which is the only reason I finally looked at all this #Time2MeetYourMaker stuff -- like at least one other person, I just thought it was advertising a game, and that particular hashtag didn't particularly interest me -- ) further instills GameMaker: Studio 2.x as the most probable final name.

Furthermore, I'm guessing (without doing any empirical market research obviously) that GameMaker: Switch would leave a poor taste in many people's mouths for believing YYG needlessly mimicked N in poor taste -- and that YYG wouldn't touch that with a ten-foot pole outside of joking. The name by itself wouldn't make me drop interest, and it'd be funny if it actually pertained pretty well to the unseen IDE, but I'm just saying I'll be seriously shocked (probably with twinges of disappointment) if YYG announces its new official name is GM: Switch. (Otoh, twinges of excitement and curiosity if it's because it's somehow intricately linked to N's Switch. YYG becomes Nintendo's out-of-the-blue partner to port games to many targets? That .. that would be different, and wild, to say the least. I don't at this time believe it's the case, but I'd be curious at any rate if it turned out so, ha ha ha ha.)

Regards,
Bob $:^ b

D

Deleted member 467

So I got a theory...

I believe we might get 3 more screenshots, then another video, and then some text info on GMS2.

Screenshot C: Shows some more GML plus maybe the sprite editor in the background
Screenshot D: Shows more object windows and perhaps scripts overall
Screenshot E: Shows more of the room editor

Video shows off features of GMS2 such as a few sample games made in it, the room editor, and a few other new features

Finally the text info could contain some info regarding pricing, more features, GML changes, etc.

But hey, that's just a theory. A Game (Maker 2) Theory

G

gamible

If they reveal it now, it will go mostly unoticed because of the hype for the Nintendo Switch. Not to say it wouldn't get attention, just not nearly as much as it would revealing it sometime later.

Llama_Code

Well, for the Switch export, you guys are missing one crucial component, Nintendo has to be on board as well. It's not just the decision of YoYo/Playtech. There was a reason a Wii U export never existed, and it wasn't because they didn't want to make it, it was because Nintendo wasnt on board with it.

XanthorXIII

If they reveal it now, it will go mostly unoticed because of the hype for the Nintendo Switch. Not to say it wouldn't get attention, just not nearly as much as it would revealing it sometime later.
GMS2 is for people that already use GMS and we're already keeping a pretty close eye on this. I saw the Switch, said Neat and moved on. Until it is out it really doesn't affect me.

D

Deleted member 467

So my theory was almost right :O o_O

Also the caption was "November", so that could mean it's released in November, or they'll reveal almost everything about it in November.

Edit:

:O whoa - it looks like there is layers and animation frames in this editor, with a few new tools. Also a split window showing what could be full size of the image plus a zoomed in part. This new editor looks amazing :O

My theory:

So I got a theory...

I believe we might get 3 more screenshots, then another video, and then some text info on GMS2.

Screenshot C: Shows some more GML plus maybe the sprite editor in the background
Screenshot D: Shows more object windows and perhaps scripts overall
Screenshot E: Shows more of the room editor

Video shows off features of GMS2 such as a few sample games made in it, the room editor, and a few other new features

Finally the text info could contain some info regarding pricing, more features, GML changes, etc.

But hey, that's just a theory. A Game (Maker 2) Theory

Last edited by a moderator:
R

rui.rosario

So my theory was almost right :O o_O

Also the caption was "November", so that could mean it's released in November, or they'll reveal almost everything about it in November.
So you can zoom in on specific parts of the Sprite Editor? Neat :D

J

jackhigh24

remember remember the ( hype'th ) of November ;) !.

Last edited by a moderator:

NightFrost

Whoa, a sprite editor one would actually use to make more than box- and circle-shaped (single color) placeholder images? Consider me hyped.

E

Ethanicus

It will be either November 14,15,16,17, or 18 that it will be released.
(Monday, Wednesday, or Friday)
On Twitter YoYoGames said "November" and then showed the sprites. Each image represents the day of November, and I count 18.

So the release day is.....

NOVEMBER 18th
Bets are on!

M

McWolke

It will be either November 14,15,16,17, or 18 that it will be released.
(Monday, Wednesday, or Friday)
On Twitter YoYoGames said "November" and then showed the sprites. Each image represents the day of November, and I count 18.

So the release day is.....

NOVEMBER 18th
18 images? you mean subimages? then it would be november 20th, because it cleary says "10 of 20 frames"?

Alice

Darts addict
Forum Staff
Gotta re-use that GIF from when people were guessing the Jam #1 themes and still couldn't figure out the first one. Good times, that.

Needless to say, I doubt the number of images has anything to do with the date they are going to make some big announcement or anything. After all, those slackerspeople wouldn't have made their big announcements at Sunday (if that would be November 20th).

I'm guessing "something more specific will be announced sometime in November" is what can be reasonably guessed so far (or even, that Novemeber is the #Time2MeetNocturne). More detailed hypotheses, especially about a specific date, seem like too much of a speculation to me.

RowdyCoder

Interesting. I've been waiting for this for awhile like everyone else.

Although the speculation is November. That's a release point that would actually make sense. Most consumers are ready and hyped for Black Friday and it is holiday shopping time. So why not cash in when everyone is in a spending mood :D

R

Rukiri

I never noticed the sprite editor before, GM just always had a bad image editor.
Hope it's good! I hope it has some animation features, aesprite hits it home, also really like photoshops timeline but doesn't help for making animations tho....

I have $100, just have a discount for those who have GM:S.

Last edited:

kupo15

I'm hoping that November tag is a duel meaning, it Will come it in November and we will learn the details on the 1st

XanthorXIII

I just want to say I'm sorry for giving YoYo a hard time. It looks like they have something really impressive on the way and I think we all appreciate that. So keep those screenshots coming until release! Maybe a movie once in a while? :D

trg601

Just saw the new screenshots. Looks very nice, but I'm not sure how I feel about having to open a separate window for the events of an object...

Z

zendorf

Damn, that new image editor is looking hella sexy and very inviting....roll on November :)

N

Ninjinister

I'm such a bloody worrywart that I keep fearing there will be something about whatever this new venture that will be to my detriment...
I certainly hope I'm wrong, though.

Overloaded

The Oneirophobe
Just another Novemberborne passing by~~

Speaking of November, here's a fun fact. The first ever GameMaker (called "Animo" back then) was released on 15 November 1999 (source) by Mark Overmars. (which makes GameMaker 11 days older than me!)

I wonder we can expect information on this year's November 15th, since it's the 17th anniversary of GameMaker.

Remember, remember, the 15th of November...

R

risa401

My birthday is on 30th of November. So they better release it that day!! jk

Status
Not open for further replies.