• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM GMS Version 1.4.1763

rIKmAN

I was mistaken. This problem with HTML5 black screen with box2D, also existed in the previous stable version as well. As a test, I rolled back to that last stable version (1760), and saw the same thing.

So I'm not sure when the error first appeared. But I've made plenty of HTML5 physics games in the past, so I'm confident the YoYo guys will fix this.
I have also discovered this black screen error whilst changing versions and export targets whilst trying to find out what my problem was with squashed Spine sprites, where anything I imported from Spine was squashed vertically, and then horizontally once I updated GM and Spine.

It seems that the 'Black Screen' problem is not only specific to physics enabled rooms, as it happens when adding a Spine Sprite as well - but it is specific to v1.4.1763.

I couldn't face going through the uninstall/reinstall process another time to test 1760.

Here are the results of my tests:

GM 1.4.1757
Single Room with 1 Standard Sprite

Windows Export = OK
HTML5 Export = OK

Single Room with 1 Standard Sprite + 1 Spine Sprite
Windows Export = OK
HTML5 Export = OK

GM 1.4.1763
Single Room with 1 Standard Sprite

Windows Export = OK
HTML5 Export = OK

Single Room with 1 Standard Sprite + 1 Spine Sprite
Windows Export = OK
HTML5 Export = BLACK SCREEN

Last edited:
R

Roboto666

Gamemaker v.1.4.1763 and Chartboost android-6.5.1 ext. how to?
I¨am in serious problem to integrate a this extension to gamemaker. Can somebody explaine to me step by step how to i publish a game with right extension. This is not my first game but new sdk make me a problem. I dont get it where i must put some codes on what manifest, i need right show_intereistial and object_init....
Export in latest gamemaker works fine and game is publish on google play but i need commercial.

Attachments

S

Shaurey Vetsa

@Shaurey Vetsa did you export youre project before updating game maker to a gmz file ? or do you just did the update and opened the old project file ?
Hello @JacPete I tried accessing the back up files after YellowAfterLife suggested and now I got it. THANK YOU FOR TAKING YOUR TIME TO TRY TO HELP ME!!!

@Shaurey Vetsa did you export youre project before updating game maker to a gmz file ? or do you just did the update and opened the old project file ?

S

Shaurey Vetsa

@Shaurey Vetsa:

Put the entire project directory in a ZIP file, then you can upload it.

If you don't feel comfortable with sharing it in public, PM me the link and I'll look at it tomorrow.
Hi @FrostyCat, Thank You for taking time out of your day to help me but I got the problem fixed after I accessed the Back Up files in Gamemaker (YellowAfterLife suggested it) I give you a virtual high five!

I

izark

I posted this thread before reading this so, here is the link, anyway, I expose here again the problem:
https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/black-splash-screen-after-last-update.10149/

I decided recently to install the last update. 1.4.1743
After that, the splash screen is a black screen.
I updated the splash screen (and the option to display it is checked), but I still get a black screen. After the game is loaded, everything is normal.
This happens in windows:

Graphic options checked:

Start in full screen mode
Allow the player to resize game window.
Interpolate colors between pixels
Vertex buffer method: Compatible

If this can´t be fixed, how can I come back to the previous version of gamemaker?
thank you!

civic71

After upgrade v1.4.1763 , 2 GMS project with included dll files, give me error .
I think it's as if the dll is not loaded.
In the previous version of GMS worked well.

Error :
#############################################################################
ERROR in
action number 1
of Create Event
for object control:
Error defining an external function.
at gml_Script_ExternalDefineDouble (line 27) - return external_define("Ultimate3DGM8.dll",argument0,dll_cdecl,ty_real,argument1,ty_real,ty_real,ty_real,ty_real,ty_real,ty_real,ty_real,ty_real,ty_real,ty_real,ty_real);
##############################################################################
stack frame is
gml_Script_ExternalDefineDouble (line 27)
called from - gml_Script_Init (line 8) - global.u3d_transmit_doubles=ExternalDefineDouble("TransmitDouble",11);
called from - gml_Object_control_CreateEvent_1 (line 9) - Init();

JacPete

can you please update http://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/216753858-Develop-For-And-Distribute-To-iOS ? these site i complete outdatet. there is no way to work correct with it. i managed everything i think but i still get an error and i dont know if its a missing setting, a fault in my stuff or even an error from beta. its no fun to use obsolute tutorials. i skip now the ios release till the stable version cause i tryed now for 3 days to get it running and each time the tutorial missed massive points.

Here are my findings on v1.4.1763-

1.achievement_login_status() always returns false.
2.some internal drawings like draw_rectangle now adds to the texture swaps each time one is drawn and may be decreasing performance. This never used to happen in v1.4.1757 and below versions.
3.Android YYC build fails with 11 errors related to Google Analytics if we use the latest Google Play Services v2.5 with latest Google Analytics 1.2.1. However if we use Google Play Services v2.4 with latest Google Analytics 1.2.1, then it builds fine. Also Google Play Services v2.5 builds fine if you don't include Google Analytics v1.2.1 extension. So that means Google Analytics v1.2.1 is not compatible with the latest Google Play Services v2.5.
4.I have noticed some drop in performance in android games. Is it due to sleep margin? What's the benefit of sleep margin?

rIKmAN

The SDK Support Article says it was updated last Sunday, but still says that 1757 is Stable and 1763 is Beta.

This also makes all the xCode information wrong as 7.3.1 is no longer supported by GM Stable (1763) which requires xCode8.

So what exactly was updated?

It's no wonder people are having issues.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Also on the same line, iPad 1 isn't the only "supported device" that was dropped by 1763's forced migration to iOS 8.0. I remember bringing up iPod touch 3G+4G and iPhone 4 as well (link). Given how I haven't been alone in the iPod touch camp, this is a rather major omission on the article.

rIKmAN

@ShaunJS Any ideas why everything is so out of date, even though it's apparently been updated 4 days ago?

With so many moving parts it's important to keep the info up to date.

I know it's probably not your job, but could you prod the right person, Daniel Clayton or whoever it is to keep on top of this and make things clearer for everyone please?

ShaunJS

Just Another Dev
GMC Elder
I've let the appropriate folk know to take a look and make sure that page is updated. Sorry for any lack of clarity there's just a lot of plates spinning here at the moment.

rIKmAN

I've let the appropriate folk know to take a look and make sure that page is updated. Sorry for any lack of clarity there's just a lot of plates spinning here at the moment.
Thanks mate, much appreciated and will stop many headaches and forum posts.

JacPete

ok seems resonable. seems like a lot of changes are coming then in the next days.

P

Peace Soft

I hate to bring this up again, but I'm still having a huge problem with rooms taking much longer to load in-game than they did before the update. If there's no solution to this problem, is there at least a way for me to go back to 1757?

Thanks for your help.

rIKmAN

I hate to bring this up again, but I'm still having a huge problem with rooms taking much longer to load in-game than they did before the update. If there's no solution to this problem, is there at least a way for me to go back to 1757?

Thanks for your help.
Just go to the release notes, scroll down to the version that you want and click the title text.

M

Marcos

Hello, staff, analytics extension is not working with Google Play Services v2.5. Someone is having the same problem?

M

Marcos

Error when compiling with the new version of Google Play Services v2.5. Help

Z:\com.MayersDev.PaidasCurtas\src\main\java\com\MayersDev\PaidasCurtas\GoogleAnalyticsExt.java:14: error: package com.google.android.gms.analytics does not exist
import com.google.android.gms.analytics.GoogleAnalytics;
^
Z:\com.MayersDev.PaidasCurtas\src\main\java\com\MayersDev\PaidasCurtas\GoogleAnalyticsExt.java:15: error: package com.google.android.gms.analytics does not exist
import com.google.android.gms.analytics.Tracker;
^
Z:\com.MayersDev.PaidasCurtas\src\main\java\com\MayersDev\PaidasCurtas\GoogleAnalyticsExt.java:16: error: package com.google.android.gms.analytics does not exist
import com.google.android.gms.analytics.HitBuilders;
^
Z:\com.MayersDev.PaidasCurtas\src\main\java\com\MayersDev\PaidasCurtas\GoogleAnalyticsExt.java:17: error: package com.google.android.gms.analytics.Logger does not exist
import com.google.android.gms.analytics.Logger.*;
^
Z:\com.MayersDev.PaidasCurtas\src\main\java\com\MayersDev\PaidasCurtas\GoogleAnalyticsExt.java:21: error: cannot find symbol
private Tracker mTracker;
^
symbol: class Tracker
Z:\com.MayersDev.PaidasCurtas\src\main\java\com\MayersDev\PaidasCurtas\RunnerBillingSecurity.java:3: error: cannot find symbol
import android.Base64;
^
symbol: class Base64
Z:\com.MayersDev.PaidasCurtas\src\main\java\com\MayersDev\PaidasCurtas\RunnerBillingSecurity.java:4: error: cannot find symbol
import android.Base64DecoderException;
^
symbol: class Base64DecoderException
Z:\com.MayersDev.PaidasCurtas\src\main\java\com\MayersDev\PaidasCurtas\GoogleAnalyticsExt.java:25: error: cannot find symbol
GoogleAnalytics ga = GoogleAnalytics.getInstance(RunnerActivity.CurrentActivity);
^
symbol: class GoogleAnalytics
Z:\com.MayersDev.PaidasCurtas\src\main\java\com\MayersDev\PaidasCurtas\GoogleAnalyticsExt.java:25: error: cannot find symbol
GoogleAnalytics ga = GoogleAnalytics.getInstance(RunnerActivity.CurrentActivity);
^
symbol: variable GoogleAnalytics
Z:\com.MayersDev.PaidasCurtas\src\main\java\com\MayersDev\PaidasCurtas\GoogleAnalyticsExt.java:28: error: cannot find symbol
ga.getLogger().setLogLevel(LogLevel.VERBOSE);
^
symbol: variable LogLevel
Z:\com.MayersDev.PaidasCurtas\src\main\java\com\MayersDev\PaidasCurtas\GoogleAnalyticsExt.java:45: error: package HitBuilders does not exist
mTracker.send(new HitBuilders.AppViewBuilder().build());
^
Z:\com.MayersDev.PaidasCurtas\src\main\java\com\MayersDev\PaidasCurtas\GoogleAnalyticsExt.java:55: error: package HitBuilders does not exist
mTracker.send( new HitBuilders.EventBuilder()
^
Z:\com.MayersDev.PaidasCurtas\src\main\java\com\MayersDev\PaidasCurtas\GoogleAnalyticsExt.java:68: error: package HitBuilders does not exist
mTracker.send( new HitBuilders.EventBuilder()
^
Z:\com.MayersDev.PaidasCurtas\src\main\java\com\MayersDev\PaidasCurtas\RunnerBillingSecurity.java:114: error: cannot find symbol
byte[] decodedKey = Base64.decode(encodedPublicKey);
^
symbol: variable Base64
Z:\com.MayersDev.PaidasCurtas\src\main\java\com\MayersDev\PaidasCurtas\RunnerBillingSecurity.java:125: error: cannot find symbol
catch (Base64DecoderException e) {
^
Z:\com.MayersDev.PaidasCurtas\src\main\java\com\MayersDev\PaidasCurtas\RunnerBillingSecurity.java:148: error: cannot find symbol
if (!sig.verify(Base64.decode(signature)))
^
symbol: variable Base64
Z:\com.MayersDev.PaidasCurtas\src\main\java\com\MayersDev\PaidasCurtas\RunnerBillingSecurity.java:164: error: cannot find symbol
catch (Base64DecoderException e) {
^
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
17 errors
:com.MayersDev.PaidasCurtas:compileReleaseJavaWithJavac FAILED

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

K

Kalaith

Since updating to this version I have an error with var div var, screenshot shows the issue quite clearly
want to set to value of sPal_line, but after the line executes the value is not the expected 128

I have reinstalled gamemaker and used a demo of the plugin I haven't touched myself (other then adding in the two lines var arg1, arg2 so the variables display under Locals)
If I replace the values with hardcoded values (128 div 1) it works correctly.

I wouldn't be surprised if it did turn out to be a silly error I've been using game maker less then a week, but I've done everything I can to narrow it down.
I can't understand why it would affect just me, since I haven't seen a single post about it which is why it still could be some form of user error.

the demo plugin link is here http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=669980 if anyone else wants to try it and see if they get the same result
(the actual error that comes up is a field can't be 0, because later in that code line 20 it overflows and defaults to 0

Attachments

R

RealityShifter

Updated apk, and setting are what's suggested by yoyo still errors out, I'm out of ideas on how to get android running again.
http://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/216753748-SDK-Version-Support
Code:
FAILED

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':com.companyname.fwf-rebirth:processReleaseResources'.
> com.android.ide.common.process.ProcessException: org.gradle.process.internal.ExecException: Process 'command 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\build-tools\24.0.3\aapt.exe'' finished with non-zero exit value 1

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 6.939 secs
cmd /c "subst /d Z:"

FastCreate End End: 8:22:20 AM
Compile finished: 8:22:20 AM

rIKmAN

You posted in another thread saying:
RealityShifter said:
Okay code golden rule, if the bug isn't anything possible then the bug is a typo. Apparently hyphens have been depreciated. I removed the "-" from my package name and it built. Thanks Andry for your help
So is it working for you now or still failing?

B

BerickCook

instance_find now returns an instance number for objects that are deleted in the same step but prior to the search. For example:

Code:
with (TestObj)
     instance_destroy();

show_message(instance_find(TestObj,0));
Returns -4 in 1.4.1757 and older.

Returns an instance number in 1.4.1760/1763.

JacPete

since this version has no beta tag anymore but stays at the same version number, do i have to redownload it to get stable or is the version that was marked with beta the same as this one ?

J

joakimFF

After the update from 1760 to 1763 i get trying to read from undefined INI file every time i try to load a save on iOS, compiled with xcode 8.0 and made sure to use if file_exists("dat.ini") {

Does anyone have a work around? we are supposed to release an update by the end of the week but without a fix for this we are stuck...

silentworks

After the update from 1760 to 1763 i get trying to read from undefined INI file every time i try to load a save on iOS, compiled with xcode 8.0 and made sure to use if file_exists("dat.ini") {

Does anyone have a work around? we are supposed to release an update by the end of the week but without a fix for this we are stuck...
I have a similar issue with directory_create() on Android which is unable to create the directory.
Seems there is an issue with the permissions. :(

Shut

Im having issue with the particle system. It was working and now it only draws squares for particles... Aslo draws nothing when tring to use sprites with particles. was working right before update and now its all mesed up. Can I go back to what I was using before?
Same here, having create textures on demand checked results in all particles showing up as squares.

rIKmAN

I have a similar issue with directory_create() on Android which is unable to create the directory.
Seems there is an issue with the permissions. :(
Same here, having create textures on demand checked results in all particles showing up as squares.
If you're sure they are bugs, file bug reports guys.

DanMunchie

Upgraded to Google Play Services 2.5.0. First there was a missing .jar (solved this by updating the Android SDKs - not 100% sure which one did the trick).
Now I'm seeing the same issue as @Marcos above. It seems upgrading the Google Play Services has caused the Google Analytics extension to have some conflict. Any solutions? I wasted a whole evening yesterday trying to sort this out...

F

FluencyGames

Under HTML5, effect_create_* causes Reference Error. Also a problem in 1.4.1760, Logged Bug several days ago but have not had any response from QA yet.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Under HTML5, effect_create_* causes Reference Error. Also a problem in 1.4.1760, Logged Bug several days ago but have not had any response from QA yet.
I've filed a bug report on this exact issue over a month ago, no action yet. #0023696

It's fine on 1.4.1757, so try that. If you need 1.4.1760+ for the libpng fix, open another user account on your system and put 1.4.1757 on that.

H

hamid1855

When i hit "refresh from mac" it displays some text in the compiler but the list doesn't show any certificates, it just says "Press refresh to fetch certificate list from mac"

Anyone getting this?

H

hamid1855

I'm also receiving this in my e-mail when I submitted my apps for Apple App Store so that I could Submit for Review in itunes Connect:

This app attempts to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description. The app's Info.plist must contain an NSCalendarsUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data.

This app attempts to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description. The app's Info.plist must contain an NSBluetoothPeripheralUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data.

DanMunchie

Another issue with the new Google Play Services v2.5.0 extension - it seems to disable in app purchases. "Null-billing: store is not available"

This is on top of it causing conflicts with Google Analytics extension.

DanMunchie

I'm also receiving this in my e-mail when I submitted my apps for Apple App Store so that I could Submit for Review in itunes Connect:

This app attempts to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description. The app's Info.plist must contain an NSCalendarsUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data.

This app attempts to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description. The app's Info.plist must contain an NSBluetoothPeripheralUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data.
I had this too - solved with https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/injecting-into-info-plist.2179/

F

fuexline

1.4.1763 still the same Error on HTML5 when using internal effects like rain smoke etc the Browsers are stop to respond and i was wondered because i had created the game with an older version and changed nothing. ps i bought the html5 module and so im realy angry about this issue

chmod777

1.4.1763 still the same Error on HTML5 when using internal effects like rain smoke etc the Browsers are stop to respond and i was wondered because i had created the game with an older version and changed nothing. ps i bought the html5 module and so im realy angry about this issue
Hmm, that's a major issue.
I've also upgraded to the last version because there was an audio issue that was fixed... before I pointed out this new version introduced another and more important issue, also related to audio. :rolleyes:

F

FluencyGames

I've filed a bug report on this exact issue over a month ago, no action yet. #0023696

It's fine on 1.4.1757, so try that. If you need 1.4.1760+ for the libpng fix, open another user account on your system and put 1.4.1757 on that.
Didn't see your bug report on Mantis, FrostyCat, but still not heard back from QA at all.
Yep, downgraded to 1757 and everything worked again.

A

Arturo

3.Android YYC build fails with 11 errors related to Google Analytics if we use the latest Google Play Services v2.5 with latest Google Analytics 1.2.1. However if we use Google Play Services v2.4 with latest Google Analytics 1.2.1, then it builds fine. Also Google Play Services v2.5 builds fine if you don't include Google Analytics v1.2.1 extension. So that means Google Analytics v1.2.1 is not compatible with the latest Google Play Services v2.5.
The same here.

Is there any problem with GS 1763 and Google Play Services 2.4? I haven't detected any, and GPS 2.5 says something about fixed for 1763 (Android).

A

Arturo

I've found a solution to Google Play Services / Google Analytics conflict.

Just add:

Code:
compile 'com.google.android.gms:play-services-analytics:9.6.1'
to the inject gradle dependencies on Google Play Services Extension.

At least it worked for me.

A

Arturo

This is an old unreported bug (I think).

Correct me if i'm wrong, isn't supposed that function (from Google Play Services Extension) GoogleMobileAds_UseTestAds adds a device as a test device so it only shows test ads (to avoid being banned by google)? and that you can add as many devices as you want?

Well, it doesn't work. Only works with the last device you added.

Please, confirm that so I can report it as a bug.

L

Lain V0hn Dyrec

pls check out of bound coordinate in ds_grid_get if it still returns "Undefined"
instead of "0"

example :
myGrid= ds_grid_create(5,5);
var check = ds_grid_get(myGrid,7,10);
//check will return Undefined... not 0 :(