• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Resizing Blank Object In Room

M

MaikForte

I'm a fresh user of GM and recently finished the My_First_Game tutorial.

<blank_object> = Objects without a sprite

The idea: Using a <blank_object> to use them as a controller. Basically, I want to deploy 1 <blank_object> on the left half of the screen which will act as a left button when pressed on the contrary, I would also like to put another <blank_object> on the right half of the screen which on the other hand, will act as my right button when pressed.

The problem: It seems that <blank_object> cannot be resized in a room. I can't seem to resize the object even if I adjusted the scale

D

DariusWolfe

Like rIKmAN mentions, having a simple sprite, especially for collision/position detection, with the visible variable set to 0 (or the box unticked) is what you need to do; I set a sprite for ALL objects, even if the object isn't ever going to be visible; I usually use a simple red dot as my sprite, which allows me to tell where it is in the room (for when that's relevant; Many of my invisible objects actually draw other things to the screen, just not themselves). For collision masking, I'll set it to whatever size and shape I need it to be, but it's still usually just a red rectangle.