• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Solving my app showing has in-app purchases when it hasn't

A

Arturo

My App hasn't in-app purchases and Play Store was showing it had, which could scare some users.

It's using 3 extensions: 'Facebook', 'Google Play Services' (for Ads) and 'Google Analytics'.

Google Play Services extension is actually divided into two extensions: 'Google Mobile Ads' and 'Google Play Services' (again). Well, I've discovered that the second one is not really needed by my app, so I deleted it from the project, and I've edited main extension properties (right mouse - properties) and deleted 'com.android.vending.BILLING' permision from Android tab.

Now, my App runs happily without that previously needed permission (Not tested in Play Store)

Pushloop

thanks for the tip! I've tested this in google play and the in-app purchases mark is gone. Only when submitting the apk, there is a slight warning about the missing billing permission, but you can publish anyway.

SnoutUp

Oh, god damn, why is it enabled by default... Thank you for letting us know! I wondered why hell Google demands me to add my address.

A

Arturo

thanks for the tip! I've tested this in google play and the in-app purchases mark is gone. Only when submitting the apk, there is a slight warning about the missing billing permission, but you can publish anyway.
Yes, I also had that warning but can publish.