Asset - Extension Marketplace can not be accessed - Manifest.xml cannot be verified

A

AnggaStudio

Hi Guys, this happened this morning when i opened my work.
There is pop up window that say manifest.xml cannot be loaded. So I checked the explorer.

C:\Users\sdf\AppData\Local\GameMaker-Studio\lib\assets

and yes, there is manifest.xml file but the file is empty. Then I deleted it, because it will be regenarate if i start the GM:S

and yeah, GM has tried to regenerate the file, but failed to download the marketplace library.

I think the problem is GM cannot acces the marketplace. so i open my browser and browse
https://marketplace.yoyogames.com/

WOW, i was correct, the webpage cannot be acceseed.
you can try it yourself.

i hope this issue will be fixed soon, because i cant compile or export to apk without extension from marketplace

S

Sam (Deleted User)

I confirm this. Doesn't load for me either. Got the same manifest errors.

E

EpicTaco

Since after around 5-7 pm est I have been getting the same issue.

I've even re-installed game maker after backing up my projects and I'm getting the same issue.

Since other people are having problems with a manifest.xml file and I've reinstalled the application.

I'm going to assume that the problem is on yo-yo games end and not mine.

A

AnggaStudio

Since after around 5-7 pm est I have been getting the same issue.

I've even re-installed game maker after backing up my projects and I'm getting the same issue.

Since other people are having problems with a manifest.xml file and I've reinstalled the application.

I'm going to assume that the problem is on yo-yo games end and not mine.
yup, the marketplace is in problem now i think

G

Galladhan

I'm not getting the manifest file error, but i can't access the MP page. Weird.

Chaser

Same here since about 11pm last night, yoyogames website worked ok, but anything to do with marketplace then nothing would load, kept crashing or unresponsive, also when I signed out and signed back in again kept telling me my login details were incorrect but yet was signed in anyway, strange, clearly a problem at yoyos end.

same for me, browser and the in game maker marketplace... I rarely use the marketplace.... but the ONE time i need to....

Last edited:
E

EpicTaco

%localappdata%\GameMaker-Studio\lib\assets

Remove/delete the file manifest.xml from this directory and then game maker will regenerate it and it fixed the issue.

ShaunJS

Just Another Dev
GMC Elder
To clarify, as you will have noticed there was some brief downtime for the Marketplace at the weekend but this has now been fully resolved.

J

Jaqueta

I wish YoYo had more commitment with the Marketplace

LOOK AT THIS!
upload_2016-10-3_11-26-48.png

I don't even remember when the front page had different assets on it, there are some assets, that were released on OCTOBER! And I'm not talking about this month, I'm talking about LAST YEAR.

*sigh*

ohhh well...
¯\_(ツ)_/¯