• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Problem with changing objects

J

JimmyPendrix

I created a few objects and placed them in my room. But now when I change values of the objects they don't change in the room itself when I test it.

J

JimmyPendrix

What do you mean changing "values of objects"? Do you mean the values within the object?
Yes I try to change a button for example to switch to a specific level instead of the next level but it keeps going to the next level when testing it. This is also happens with everything else I try to change inside the objects.

C

CROmartin

Yes I try to change a button for example to switch to a specific level instead of the next level but it keeps going to the next level when testing it. This is also happens with everything else I try to change inside the objects.
I dont understand you, put some code that doesnt work and write what should that code do... and to set specific room use room_goto(name of room)

Jakylgamer

so youre saying that when you alter anything in game maker and try to test run it nothing changes at all?
not just code but adding new objects to a room and even when creating a new object or sprite?