• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Monthly Concert Music Game Concept

XD005

I am making a music game. It will be similar to Wario Ware but with a bunch of music minigames.
Im trying to assemble a team to create some sort of Overworld. Additionally, the game will have "monthly concerts" where you are given a certain amount of points to get or a challenging song to beat, etc, etc.
I'm thinking of implementing some sort of thing similar to Splatoon's Splatfest but I don't know. What do you guys think? Anybody have any ideas for minigames? So far, I've got something similar to Guitar Hero as the main gameplay and something similar to Fruit Ninja for another one.

D

Dantevus

Personally when I'm trying to come up with minigames I play Five Second Frenzy or any of the Mario Parties, things that thrive on minigames, and see if there's a way I can adapt those ideas to my current concept in a unique way.